What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Sound Card Broke?

Sound Card Broke?
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sound Card Broke?
I have a Toshiba P200-1ED laptop, and in the last 30 minutes, I've got a problem I've never had before.

Trying to record a phonecall to the hard drive, I set the recording program to stereo mix and plugged the phone reciever into an adapter I bought. I tried the adapter into a tape player first, and it worked (and still continues to) with that.

However, it wouldn't record on my pc and gave alot of feedback, so when I took it out, it problem started. The built in speakers started making a "bumb bumb bumb" feedback sort of sound. I tried putting headphones in and it happened through them too. I restarted the pc twice, and its still happening (although since I restarted it, the built in speakers doesn't make the sound anymore, it just stays silent.) When i plug headphones into any of the 4 sockets it just constantly goes "bumb bumb bumb".

I've reinstalled the drivers from microsoft and it still happens. Whilst applications such as itunes and Adobe Audtion plays any music and the dB meter goes as normal, the speakers stay silent and headphones keep with the feedback.

So is my internal sound card broke, and if so, can it be fixed?

Thanks
Inferno
01-05-2009 11:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sound Card Broke?
Sorry to double pos, but the the plot has thickened...

Now it won't recognise my CD drive and says it deosnt exsist? Windows Media Player says you need a Cd drive to rip music and on My Computer it doesnt come up, however it still opens when I press the ejct button? WTF?
01-06-2009 10:52 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sound Card Broke?
tried resetting the laptop to factory settings? (the most common thing to try if all else fails, even though Help and Support will tell you to do that first!)

Normally you can do that by using the restore CD/DVD they give you

This post was edited on 01-06-2009 at 10:57 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-06-2009 10:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Sound Card Broke?
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
tried resetting the laptop to factory settings? (the most common thing to try if all else fails, even though Help and Support will tell you to do that first!)

Does the CD drive show up in the BIOS menu? If not, it has possibly died. If it does, then you may need to re-install drivers
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-06-2009 11:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sound Card Broke?
quote:

Sorry it took a while to reply, I've been mad busy. Well, the CD/DVD thing randomly came back, I don't really know what the score was there.

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Does the CD drive show up in the BIOS menu? If not, it has possibly died. If it does, then you may need to re-install drivers

Sound drivers? No, I havent tried to the total trestor thingy, so thats probably my next stop. Do you think I should back up EVERYTHING first?

EDIT: Btw, it is the soundcard, because I've got an external soundcard and sounds play fine through that. The "bumb bumb bumb" thing happens once in a while on the internal soundcard (even when I've got the external soundcard plugged in via. USB) so I would like to sort it out, get my built in speakers working again...

This post was edited on 01-19-2009 at 10:15 PM by MC Inferno.
01-19-2009 09:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: