What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » WLM9 beta forced update

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
WLM9 beta forced update
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update
quote:
Originally posted by Ditto
Still unable to download.

Sooo frustrating!

Try this.  It's a link to the standalone installer for the Windows Live Suite
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 45 seconds ago
01-24-2009 12:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ditto

35 / Female / Flag
RE: WLM9 beta forced update
Nope. Didn't even load the page. Says:

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.
Shadow Within The Flame
01-24-2009 12:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ditto
Nope. Didn't even load the page. Says:

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.

Something is seriously wrong with your computer then, in terms of its ability to access the internet.

I'd suggest re-formatting.....but if you don't want to do that, use that link on another computer and save the file to a USB stick then use it on yours
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 45 seconds ago
01-24-2009 12:53 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
@Ditto: Clearly something is wrong with your internet connection. Disconnect your router, then connect your computer directly to your modem with an ethernet cable. If everything works, there's a problem with your wireless router. You can reset the wireless router to factory defaults, usually a small button on the back or bottom (read the manual).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-24-2009 01:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jaykeknot

I have recently been using WLM8.5 with Plus! Live and it worked absolutely fine, then today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up that i have it installed...Its not working, even though i fully installed it.

I have read some threads and done some of the things, but it still wont work.

Please help me? :)
01-24-2009 08:27 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jaykeknot
today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up
The big blue "download now" button on the download page will give you version 4.70.334, which is the last non-beta version, but this version is not compatible with Live Messenger 2009 yet.

A little below the big blue download button you'll see the text "Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta)". That link will give you version 4.79.0.353 which is compatible with Live Messenger 2009, but still in beta. As long as Patchou thinks the new version is not 100% stable yet it will stay in beta and not replace the main download yet to avoid crashing computers of all users. Having that said, the new version seems to be pretty stable... if you do encounter problems please report them in the bugs forum :).

Make sure you downloaded the correct version :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-24-2009 10:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jaykeknot

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by jaykeknot
today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up
The big blue "download now" button on the download page will give you version 4.70.334, which is the last non-beta version, but this version is not compatible with Live Messenger 2009 yet.

A little below the big blue download button you'll see the text "Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta)". That link will give you version 4.79.0.353 which is compatible with Live Messenger 2009, but still in beta. As long as Patchou thinks the new version is not 100% stable yet it will stay in beta and not replace the main download yet to avoid crashing computers of all users. Having that said, the new version seems to be pretty stable... if you do encounter problems please report them in the bugs forum :).

Make sure you downloaded the correct version :).

Yeah i clicked the big blue one at first, then it didnt work so i went back to the page and clicked on the little link that was given, i downloaded, installed, and still nothing :(
01-24-2009 10:55 AM
rmi

I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64. As I have used "Messenger" in one of its incarnations continuously for more than a decade, I set out to download the latest WLM.  First, it took more than 24 hours to be able to download. Windows Live kept repeating that I was not connected. In some of my many, many attempts, I already had downloads in progress. By the time WLM installed Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and Skype were already fully functional.  WLM 2009 functioned for approximately a week. After a reboot, I received the message I could not be signed in because the service was temporarily unavailable. After receiving the same message for nearly 24 hours I sought the online fixes: clear cache, re-register .dll etc.  None have worked.  I cannot uninstall. WLM is not shown on my Add/Delete list. I did not uninstall it. The program still tries to open when I start my computer. I am back to trying repeatedly  to download the program only to be informed that the Windows Live installer could not be set up and that I should check my Internet connection. This is only the latest of my issues  with Windows Live.  I receive regular updates from MS but I never can connect to Windows Live or Live Update.  I had to stop sending photos on Hotmail because the "photo upload" tool would twirl around all afternoon and not load until I had to resort to sending photos of Yahoo Mail or Gmail.  This latest episode is a disaster. "Windows Live" begins to appear an attempt at wry humor, since Windows Live is one of the least live among live sites on the Web.
02-01-2009 03:58 AM
DragonicWolf

I have all the EXACT same problems as Ditto and there is nothing wrong with my internet. I only cannot access those pages mentioned in which she could not connect to. How can it be my internets fault when I can go to every other website except those ones?
11-11-2009 02:55 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: