What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » WLM v2009 + MsgPlusLive-479b = 2 bugs

WLM v2009 + MsgPlusLive-479b = 2 bugs
Author: Message:
mjau

O.P. WLM v2009 + MsgPlusLive-479b = 2 bugs
I have the latest Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009), and the latest Messenger  Plus Live add-on in beta state (479b) for the latest WLM version.
I run it all on WinXP. And my default browser is Opera 9.63.

I can expirience two bugs.

First one, usually with the previous version of WLM, when I clicked on a new mail alert, the WLM program would defaultly use IE to open my mail account.
Now in this new Verson 2009 of the WLM, when I click on a new mail alert or click that "Open your e-mail inbox"-button in the top right side of the WLM window, I get no response - it doesn't open the Opera (yes, Opera, the new WLM (fresh install) started using my default broswer )

Everything was fine on the previous versions of both program but i've expiriencing this after I installed MsgPlusLive-479b.

I noticed one good thing with the fresh install of WLM version 2009, that it accepted Opera as a default for opening my hotmail account when new mail was present. The previous verson of WLM would use IE for that, no matter that Opera was & is the default broswer for me. So i dunno, who to blame Opera, msgpluslive or IE, or new wlm. maybe these four are in a clash?

2nd bug i noticed with the MSgPlusLive 479b+WLM(v2009), is, when I right click over a contact in my list or just hover with a mouse above the selected contact, a menu opens and i coose the View> Profile command line, but nothing happens

I hope i've been clear. I haven't found any never thread about is since both of the programs a fresh or in beta state.

Cheers!

This post was edited on 01-14-2009 at 10:36 AM by mjau.
01-14-2009 10:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM v2009 + MsgPlusLive-479b = 2 bugs
quote:
Originally posted by mjau

First one, usually with the previous version of WLM, when I clicked on a new mail alert, the WLM program would defaultly use IE to open my mail account.
Now in this new Verson 2009 of the WLM, when I click on a new mail alert or click that "Open your e-mail inbox"-button in the top right side of the WLM window, I get no response - it doesn't open the Opera (yes, Opera, the new WLM (fresh install) started using my default broswer )

Everything was fine on the previous versions of both program but i've expiriencing this after I installed MsgPlusLive-479b.

I noticed one good thing with the fresh install of WLM version 2009, that it accepted Opera as a default for opening my hotmail account when new mail was present. The previous verson of WLM would use IE for that, no matter that Opera was & is the default broswer for me. So i dunno, who to blame Opera, msgpluslive or IE, or new wlm. maybe these four are in a clash?

This is standard behaviours by Windows Live Messenger itself. If your not 100% convinced I suggest removing Messenger Plus! Live and seeing for yourself and try both Opera and IE as default browsers. ;)
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-14-2009 11:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Hmm, I can't confirm.

Here with Messenger Plus! Live installed, the Mail Box and View Profile would still open with Opera...

I'm on Win 7 though.

mjau, are you sure you're signing in with a @hotmail.com or @msn.com account?

This post was edited on 01-14-2009 at 01:30 PM by Mnjul.
01-14-2009 01:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mjau

O.P. RE: WLM v2009 + MsgPlusLive-479b = 2 bugs
i'm on a hotmail account

i could do without MsgPlusLive, but i love those peeping features ^^  like note when someone opens a chat window, or logs out, etc.... =)

This post was edited on 01-14-2009 at 09:51 PM by mjau.
01-14-2009 09:49 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Hmm, I can't confirm.

Here with Messenger Plus! Live installed, the Mail Box and View Profile would still open with Opera...

Same here(except mail opens default mail client).

On Vista.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-14-2009 10:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
andyo

I would like to restore original behavior to NOT open Windows Live Mail when the mail icon is clicked, but open the browser, without (of course) having to uninstall WLM. In any case, the icon is working for me, it does something. Same for the view profile thing. It works.

This post was edited on 01-16-2009 at 09:55 AM by andyo.
01-16-2009 09:53 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
You should be able to use "Default Programs" or "Set Program Access and Defaults" in Control Panel to change your default e-Mail client.
01-16-2009 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andyo

No, it doesn't work. That's the first thing I tried, but it doesn't work. Tried in XP and it won't open Outlook Express (as I'm pretty sure a previous MSN messenger version did), and in my Win7 installation it doesn't work either, there I don't have another email program, so I can't even change the default (WL Mail), it's grayed out.

I'm trying to get it to open my email with the default browser like if I didn't install WL Mail. Heck, I'll even take Internet Explorer.

Thing is that I don't use my user's WL Mail because anyone can get in without a password, and I don't wanna create another user just for the very occasional "intruder" hehe. Instead I use the "runas" command to open WL Mail as another user. That way it asks for a password before opening it (you can use this for most other programs like for instance to have a private Firefox session, while keeping your history and temp files).

The latest WL Mail though requires the wlcomm.exe service and crashes while doing this trick, so I'm still using the previous version, which seems the same anyway.

This post was edited on 01-17-2009 at 04:03 AM by andyo.
01-17-2009 03:53 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: