What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Some suggestions...

Some suggestions...
Author: Message:
janlukaz

I laugh at Death's face.

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  Some suggestions...
I think MsgPlus! Live needs a more fitting look, like closer to what WLM looks like now. Also I really liked signature sound, the newer versions of Plus! should come with an option to enable/disable signatures sound (my point on this is that contacts can choose their nicknames, and at the same time, we can override that and choose to add a name for them, also we now can choose the sound for each contact, why shouldn't they be able to chose their sound too, just like nicknames.) Another thing is that it would be really cool if there could be a skin that resembles the ribbon UI (like MS Office 2007), like if the first ribbon was the contact list, and other's were the chat windows, but I don't think that there's the possibility to make this kind of skins now. Oh, and I wanted to be able to put some custom dynamic display pictures, but there's only the option to take pictures from my webcam, but I want photoshoped pictures from my hardrive, I'd apreaciate if there was an option to build a dynamic display picture from saved files. That's all I can remember, there was some more suggestions but I just can't remember what it was.
[Image: 18531ij2.png] [Image: 15553zq0.gif]
01-24-2009 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Some suggestions...
quote:
Originally posted by janlukaz
I think MsgPlus! Live needs a more fitting look, like closer to what WLM looks like now.
I don't see how it "doesn't fit"? It's got to look different, otherwise users will get confused. I don't know if Plus! will be getting a GUI update, that's up to Patchou.

quote:
Also I really liked signature sound, the newer versions of Plus! should come with an option to enable/disable signatures sound (my point on this is that contacts can choose their nicknames, and at the same time, we can override that and choose to add a name for them, also we now can choose the sound for each contact, why shouldn't they be able to chose their sound too, just like nicknames.)
That feature was in the beta version of WLM 2009. It was removed from the final version, most probably because it was abused. As fun as it was, it was abused because people can have a really loud or embarrassing sound, which all their contacts will hear. That gives a negative view of Messenger and people won't want to use it, due to it being annoying. Plus! won't be adding this feature back in.

quote:
Another thing is that it would be really cool if there could be a skin that resembles the ribbon UI (like MS Office 2007), like if the first ribbon was the contact list, and other's were the chat windows, but I don't think that there's the possibility to make this kind of skins now.
That can be suggested in the Skinning forum.

quote:
Oh, and I wanted to be able to put some custom dynamic display pictures, but there's only the option to take pictures from my webcam, but I want photoshoped pictures from my hardrive, I'd apreaciate if there was an option to build a dynamic display picture from saved files.
If Plus! were to add that feature, it would mean Plus! users would only be able to see it, which isn't very good. Also, the custom dynamic display pictures would probably have to be stored on Plus! servers for them to work, which would cost money.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-25-2009 12:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
janlukaz

I laugh at Death's face.

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Some suggestions...
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't see how it "doesn't fit"? It's got to look different, otherwise users will get confused. I don't know if Plus! will be getting a GUI update, that's up to Patchou.

I'm not saying it doesn't fit, I'm suggesting that things like the pop up balloon that says contact went offline would be better to look more similar to the original WLM one and that kind of stuff.

quote:
That feature was in the beta version of WLM 2009. It was removed from the final version, most probably because it was abused. As fun as it was, it was abused because people can have a really loud or embarrassing sound, which all their contacts will hear. That gives a negative view of Messenger and people won't want to use it, due to it being annoying. Plus! won't be adding this feature back in.

I'm not sure if you got what I mean, I'm suggesting that it should be like nicknames, one can choose to put an aggressive nickname and spam it multiple logging-in thats so annoying as, but you've would be allowed to turn it on/off and to override the contacts signature sound with one of your own, like it is possible with nicknames. Though that's not pretty easy to implement.

quote:
That can be suggested in the Skinning forum.

True, my bad.

quote:
If Plus! were to add that feature, it would mean Plus! users would only be able to see it, which isn't very good. Also, the custom dynamic display pictures would probably have to be stored on Plus! servers for them to work, which would cost money.

Absolutely not, by simply allowing user to choose a picture from harddrive instead only from web cam you would work just the same but with a customized picture, my hunch is that this is the easiest feature to add from the ones I suggested.
[Image: 18531ij2.png] [Image: 15553zq0.gif]
01-26-2009 09:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: