What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Plus! Meeting, London '09

Pages: (19): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
Plus! Meeting, London '09
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Plus! Meeting, London '09
quote:
Originally posted by ixesha
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That's exactly the point, getting there is okay. I don't mind spending the £15 on travel, because that's quite reasonable, it's just the fact that spending more money is inevitable.

I can't see what much more you would actually need to spend in London itself. Theoretically.. £10 for a cinema ticket if we went to see a film, £10 for some lunch. What else is there? Museums are free, the outside St Patty's Day events will be free, parks are free, travelling around the city is covered in a travelcard, all the sightseeing is free, maybe if you bought a drink that's another £5.. I would guess nothing over £50 for the whole day - maximum/worst case scenario. More likely £35 tops.

Are you kidding me? Have you not read the rest of the thread. I'm trying to save money. Spending that amount of money isn't acceptable, not if you're careful. There are days I would spend that on, but at the moment, I'm not willing to go into my overdraft to do so. I'm running a business, and money I get is invested in that, or into driving (which is very expensive). Honestly to me, it's not that big of a deal me not being able to go there
03-03-2009 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ixesha

RE: Plus! Meeting, London '09
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Are you kidding me? Have you not read the rest of the thread. I'm trying to save money. Spending that amount of money isn't acceptable, not if you're careful. There are days I would spend that on, but at the moment, I'm not willing to go into my overdraft to do so. I'm running a business, and money I get is invested in that, or into driving (which is very expensive). Honestly to me, it's not that big of a deal me not being able to go there

Yes, I've read the entire thread and the initial pages have you adamant on attending. So, it comes as a surprise that you are giving up on that for the sake of £35. You're what? 19? 20? 21? Without trying to cause offence, you're young enough that you should allow some hedonism in your life and not be entirely serious about investments and overdrafts and business. Borrow £50 off your parents, do a paper round for a week, do a day's worth of manual labour for a friend or neighbour, work in a shop for a day - there are so many ways to earn that small amount of money. Holding back £50 worth of investment in your business isn't going to end the world, either.

It's not that I'm so eager for your to come, but you are wasting a huge opportunity to meet some very international visitors for what seems a trivial sum, especially since you expressed a vested interest from the beginning of the thread.
03-03-2009 01:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Plus! Meeting, London '09
quote:
Yes, I've read the entire thread and the initial pages have you adamant on attending. So, it comes as a surprise that you are giving up on that for the sake of £35. You're what? 19? 20? 21? Without trying to cause offence, you're young enough that you should allow some hedonism in your life and not be entirely serious about investments and overdrafts and business. Borrow £50 off your parents, do a paper round for a week, do a day's worth of manual labour for a friend or neighbour, work in a shop for a day - there are so many ways to earn that small amount of money. Holding back £50 worth of investment in your business isn't going to end the world, either.

It's not that I'm so eager for your to come, but you are wasting a huge opportunity to meet some very international visitors for what seems a trivial sum, especially since you expressed a vested interest from the beginning of the thread.

Yes, I was initially adamant that I was going to attend the meeting, because that was at a time before I realised how busy I am, and how reliant I would be with the money that is in my bank. I'm eighteen, and have left full time education to run a full time business for myself, which without trying to sound arrogant, is doing pretty damn well, and whilst I do have money flowing into my account, it is sometimes irregular, and over the next two weeks or so, the money will be a little slow (I've just dished out £400 that was completely necessary).

I don't mean to cause offence to you either, but just because you may have been out partying and spending money when you were my age doesn't mean that I have to follow that example. Trust me, I've had an amazing life so far, and I still am, but that doesn't mean I have to borrow money and go into my overdraft, which is something that I'm going to try my upmost not to do, I don't want to screw up my credit rating if I can't pay it back in time, it's not really worth it.

Don't patronise me or treat me like I'm stupid, even though I'm young does not mean that I don't have my head screwed on, whilst many people my age are clubbing, catching chlamydia, I'm treating myself to skiing holidays with my girlfriend, and having meetings with millionaires with whom I'm making some business deals with, how's that for hedonism? A different type to your definition perhaps, but for me: a thrill of a lifetime.

Yes, I did express an interest, and still do, should the situation arise where I have a good amount of money. For your information, I travelled to Canada in 2006 and had the opportunity of meeting several members of this forum then, so it wouldn't be a first for me.

There are a few things that I'm not willing to do in my life, one of which includes living in debt for the sake of 3 hours in London.

This post was edited on 03-04-2009 at 11:15 PM by user27089.
03-04-2009 11:13 PM
ixesha

Ah well, I'm not going to get involved in depth in something so petty. Just a dichotomy. Enjoy.
03-05-2009 12:52 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Ah well, I'm not going to get involved in depth in something so petty. Just a dichotomy. Enjoy.
Good, don't start it in the future. :)
03-05-2009 03:01 PM
ixesha

God, you're an arrogant and yet still ignorant fuck. How do the two extremes not implode in your head? Does trying to end a discussion with that level of mis-aimed contempt somehow fit into your haughty notion of hedonism?
03-05-2009 07:16 PM
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
You just had to go and get insulting and unreasonable, didn't you?

traxor's posts have been anything but offensive and you resort to that whilst accusing him of contempt? Nice.
03-05-2009 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I was just giving you some advice. I've been here for nearly six years, and know how to behave. I've been nothing but friendly in every one of my posts, sorry if I offended you though, I honestly didn't mean to.
03-05-2009 10:32 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
<3 ixesha
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-05-2009 10:40 PM
ixesha

You'll find that I have been around this forum a lot longer than you imagine. I also know how to behave. But your arrogance is unbearable. Far from being offended by any of your comments I just find you yourself unfathomable and... just, yeah. I'm sure a mod will delete this offtopic discussion soon. In future: keep your smug 'advice' to yourself, your lack of intellect doesn't exactly make it useful or enlightening.
03-05-2009 11:06 PM
Pages: (19): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: