What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » ISO Programs

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
ISO Programs
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: ISO Programs
quote:
Originally posted by Quantum
I doubt imgburn is better then nero ?
I dumped Nero for ImgBurn a long time ago and never looked back. Just because Nero has massive loads of features doesn't make it a better product. Nero is overdeveloped, they introduce new features just for the sake of bringing out a new version.

I want my burning app to burn and rip discs... I don't want it to be a meadia player, movie editor, backup program and who know what else. They are way more competent apps out for those tasks.

And like said before, ImgBurn is free, which automatically makes if better than so many paid apps.
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
free > "free"
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-01-2009 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: ISO Programs
quote:
I lol'd.
[Image: signature.php]
02-01-2009 01:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
I dumped Nero for ImgBurn a long time ago and never looked back. Just because Nero has massive loads of features doesn't make it a better product. Nero is overdeveloped, they introduce new features just for the sake of bringing out a new version.

I want my burning app to burn and rip discs... I don't want it to be a meadia player, movie editor, backup program and who know what else. They are way more competent apps out for those tasks.

And like said before, ImgBurn is free, which automatically makes if better than so many paid apps.
quote:
free > "free"

nero fails in image burning, heres the test for a good iso burner, put your windows disc in, click copy disc, burn a new one boot off the new one,
if you used nero or some other shit it will fail, if you used clone cd img burn magic iso or power iso it will boot and thats why nero fails
i use image burn portable more than anything else, but magic iso, power iso and clone cd all have their uses and features that depend on the task

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

02-02-2009 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Unless you want to burn an audio CD.

actually imgburn can do audio CDs now :p

tools > create CD CUE file, then burn it

Ah, Thanks! I stand corrected.

Also: Jarrod: Last time I used Nero to copy a Windows CD, it booted fine as far as I can remember (But it's been awhile).
02-02-2009 02:33 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Also: Jarrod: Last time I used Nero to copy a Windows CD, it booted fine as far as I can remember (But it's been awhile).

I've only ever used Nero and it works perfectly for Windows CDs
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-02-2009 03:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: ISO Programs
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Same here.

Contrary to what someone posted earlier, I like that Nero is all in one...particularly the main app, the cover designer (for lightscribe) and nero vision (for making dvds readable by regular dvd players for people stuck in the dark ages :P)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes, 15 seconds ago
02-02-2009 04:12 PM
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

ok my bad, since it's been a while since i used nero, but it was sometimes the case, as thats is why i don't use nero anymore, i guess they fixed the lack of boot sector support in some of the newer releases

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

02-02-2009 07:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Nero FTW! (the full proper version of course, not the cut down version which often comes with DVDplayers)

It isn't free, but it has tons of options. Options which most other (free) burning tools do not have. Though, if all you care about is burning, ripping, etc in the quickest and most convenient way than Nero might not be the thing you want. Nero is more for the 'power user' who whish to set every possible bit and option to its hand or burn very specialized stuff.

Thus for the normal 'quick n dirty' burning needs, without the need to know too much about disc formats, burning, compiling and mastering then ImgBurn (or the likes) is better. But if you want to play around with the many ins and outs of all the different disc formats then Nero is a wise choice....

(and I also like the fact that Nero is a suite, containing all-in-one, though you can choose which components you want. Nothing else needed (well except for CloneCD once in a while :p))

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
Nero fails in image burning, heres the test for a good iso burner, put your windows disc in, click copy disc, burn a new one boot off the new one,
if you used nero or some other shit it will fail, if you used clone cd img burn magic iso or power iso it will boot and thats why nero fails
I never had any problems with Nero when copying bootable CDs, including Windows CDs and I use Nero since a very very long time (even pre-xp IIRC) to backup everything.

This post was edited on 02-02-2009 at 11:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-02-2009 11:28 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
ok my bad, since it's been a while since i used nero, but it was sometimes the case, as thats is why i don't use nero anymore, i guess they fixed the lack of boot sector support in some of the newer releases
It was the case when you burned a coaster, perhaps. 

Nero Burning ROM (yes, lame name) has had boot sector support forever.  Nero Express didn't last time I looked.  However, even that doesn't matter one bit in your example of copying a CD; the boot sector support is for creating your own bootable CD, which you may need to do if you are slipstreaming Windows, for example.  Anything that can copy a CD will also correctly copy a bootable CD.
02-03-2009 04:20 AM
davidpolitis

:( Nobody uses UltraISO except for me :P
02-03-2009 07:35 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend