What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat »

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Author: Message:
bobby2000

31 / Male / Flag
or... busk :D
02-02-2009 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
if nobody has given you by the time i get home from school, message me on WLM (3.5~ hours)
02-02-2009 05:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Get a job.
Easier said than done :P
Actually there are plenty of jobs out there for the people that look. When I was looking for an apprenticeship I decided what I wanted to do then phoned tafe and asked for a list of employers. They gave me a list of ~20 companies and the 2nd company I called gave me the job. It's even easier if you don't care about what you will be doing.

It only becomes hard when you already have the skills and are looking for that paticular job that pays well. I'm guessing someone as young as you doesn't have any real qualifications.

This post was edited on 02-03-2009 at 07:27 AM by Phillip.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
02-03-2009 07:24 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Get a debit card, I got a Visa card at your age and it makes online shopping and managing money significantly easier.
02-03-2009 03:47 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
HSBC Livecash cards (could have been renamed in the last 6 years =/) are good for if you can use solo. Otherwise something like a Bank Account Plus card (Maestro) will work pretty much everywhere, although it's £13 a month. I think all banks pretty much give you solo cards at that age, but not everywhere accepts them
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-03-2009 04:41 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I have 2 Mastercards, both prepaid though. They work epicly for PayPal and Ebay, and sites that require Credit Card (such as OVH, for my server)
02-03-2009 04:59 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

My paypal account is linked to my Visa, which on its turn is linked to my normal bank account. But I dunno if you can get Visa at 16 (although it takes some responsebility you probably can get it somewhere from some bank, dunno, but still, it takes a while to get one anyhow).

You can get a debit card at the age of 16, which is just linked to any normal bank account..although in that case you should use the bank account as the primary funding source.

If your mum's let you have her bank account on paypal then surely she won't mind you using it for that exact purpose as long as you pay her the money?

And if she's that uptight about it, then switch to using paypal through your own bank account....or pay by alternative means?

or alternatively, wait until ur 18 to use ebay instead of breaking the rules :P

You can get a debit card that is linked to your bank account as low as the age of 11.
No longer here.
02-03-2009 08:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
....11 years? WTF! And then they are surprised that a lot of teenagers these days are in debt even before they turn 18 or are in a payment plan until they're 40 or that they don't learn to save money (and learn to work for their money)................/ranting off
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-03-2009 08:29 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
....11 years? WTF! And then they are surprised that a lot of teenagers these days are in debt even before they turn 18 or are in a payment plan until they're 40 or that they don't learn to save money (and learn to work for their money)................/ranting off
debit cards are linked to a current account, so you can only spend the money you have in your bank account. so next to impossible to get in debt* (some banks will let you go slightly over)

*unless you have an overdraft, but banks will only give one if you have a steady income, and i think you have to be over 18
02-03-2009 08:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ah... makes sense, yes. I was surprised because I was thinking about credit cards (because that is mostly used here for paypal-accounts), my fault...

This post was edited on 02-03-2009 at 09:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-03-2009 08:49 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: