What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG

Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG
Author: Message:
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG
Salaam (Hello) All,

I have been tasked by my fellow anglers at PGFA (Pakistan Game Fish Association) which promotes angling and voulenteers as a gorup of people who support baging limits, catch and release, dangers of polluting, conservation, help sea turtles, saving there eggs and many more... We organise free tournaments of angling, free services for helping and promoting all said above.

I have been tasked to make/get.made a forum just like neowin where the gorup from all over our country (Pakistan) can interact/share/and help learn others. I have 0 know how of how to get a forum made and up and running... so I have been tasked with it? that is because some time ago a list of "suggestions" came up on our Yahoo group and this was voted as the best suggestion and we had to work on it... But as the people in our group dont have any know how og "PHP" they arent able to do it so I took it upoun my self (having faith in MsgHelp and another forum ) where I might find someone who will make this for us as a donation.

I would like anyone who is interested in making the forum for us PM me or reply here...

This post was edited on 02-04-2009 at 08:05 AM by WaqasTariq.
02-04-2009 08:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG
You aren't really required to have any PHP knowledge to set up a forum, unless you're planning on making it from scratch or modding it (which is how I first started learning PHP back when I was about 13)... Anyway, MyBB is very well documented and contains all you need to know. http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Main_Page

If you need help with anything, feel free to PM me or add the Windows Live ID located in my user profile to your Contact List.

This post was edited on 02-04-2009 at 10:29 AM by davidpolitis.
02-04-2009 10:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
There is also PhpBB and other sort of forum software, so you should look for the one that best suits you before you begin because once you select the forum script it's going to be a pain to convert to another.
02-06-2009 06:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: RE: Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG
quote:
Originally posted by .Roy
There is also PhpBB and other sort of forum software, so you should look for the one that best suits you before you begin because once you select the forum script it's going to be a pain to convert to another.
:O Support MyBB. Naah... decide on what you like, WaqasTariq, although you're likely to have better support with MyBB from these forums.
02-06-2009 07:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WaqasTariq

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Forum making ? Assistance needed!, I want a forum to be made for an ORG
Thank you guys, I am looking at MyBB now... I love this look of this forum... so ill go with it... and can you tell me what is needed to be turned ON the sere to allow for forums... php etc?
02-06-2009 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Here is a list of requirements. Basically, you need PHP and a database.
[Image: signature.php]
02-06-2009 07:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: