What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I want to join the dark side.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
I want to join the dark side.
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: I want to join the dark side.
The benefits of buying a MacBook as opposed to a normal laptop are the Mac OS and pretty hardware design. Have you used a Mac before? I wouldn't buy a Mac without trying it for a while first. After all it is an entire different OS and many applications you are used to may not be available on a Mac. You could still run Windows on a Mac, but then you would be paying a lot of money just for a pretty case. MacBooks are definitely more expensive than regular laptops with similar specs.

Visit an Apple store and give it a try, or even better would be lending one from a friend for a few days.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-18-2009 12:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
The MacbookPro of $1999 is the same as that macbook but just bigger screen, right?

The MacBook Pro is also more powerful.

Compare them here:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html - MacBook Pro Specs
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html - MacBook Specs
02-18-2009 02:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: I want to join the dark side.
Meh, maybe I shouldn't get a mac. I'm so indecisive :D.

Can someone give me any good options, besides a mac?

The dell Adamo isn't even out yet though (as far as I could tell?). I want to get it by March or so.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-18-2009 05:57 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I've got the new unibody Macbook and it a masterpiece of modern design. I dual boot Windows on it, so the OS is never an issue (although Mac OS X has some significant improvements, I can take a while to get used to). I wouldn't look back to a PC again.
02-18-2009 06:39 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The benefits of buying a MacBook as opposed to a normal laptop are the Mac OS and pretty hardware design. Have you used a Mac before? I wouldn't buy a Mac without trying it for a while first. After all it is an entire different OS and many applications you are used to may not be available on a Mac. You could still run Windows on a Mac, but then you would be paying a lot of money just for a pretty case. MacBooks are definitely more expensive than regular laptops with similar specs.

Visit an Apple store and give it a try, or even better would be lending one from a friend for a few days.

I've used a mac before. I like them, and I like the "pretty hardware." The only application I'll need is Microsoft Office, since I mainly want the laptop for uni notes. Btw, it's easy to convert them to Windows one right? And does the Mac's Microsoft Office have a compatibility mode with windows? hmph.

My mom's best friend from college is a mac distributor, so we might get them cheaper. I'll have to ask her.

This post was edited on 02-18-2009 at 10:46 PM by Rolando.
02-18-2009 07:58 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
I carried a 15incher for three years, and i hated it... I got a 13" dell xps and i love it.... only two kgs, which is important if you plan on taking it along
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-18-2009 10:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

I've used a mac before. I like them, and I like the "pretty hardware." The only application I'll need is Microsoft Office, since I mainly want the laptop for uni notes. Btw, it's easy to convert them to Windows one right? And does the Mac's Microsoft Office have a compatibility mode with windows? hmph.

My mom's best friend from college is a mac distributor, so we might get them cheaper. I'll have to ask her.
Microsoft's Office 2007 & 2008 (for Mac) are compatible with each other.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-18-2009 10:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
Thanks Nitro :) waiting for my mom's response.
02-18-2009 11:17 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
I recently bought a 15" Dell XPS, and I'm totally in love with it.
Personally I went for 15" because it's small enough to fit in my backpack, yet big enough to program on. If you're only using it for school work, I'd suggest looking at the 13" one.

Also, make up your mind about what you want to do with it. If you honestly only want to do schoolwork on it, a 1000$ laptop is more than enough, and you sure as hell don't need a macbook ;)
[Image: theblasp.png]
02-23-2009 09:08 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Personally I went for 15" because it's small enough to fit in my backpack, yet big enough to program on.
i don't see the logic on this
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-23-2009 11:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: