What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release]Idle Liar 1.0

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
[Release]Idle Liar 1.0
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release]Idle Liar 1.0
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Is this script still necessary, since you're able to use /away ?
away is a messenger status, while idle is a Plus! status
Not true...

Idle is also a Messenger status and it has always been there since Messenger existed (at least as far as I can tell). But it is a special kind of status, one which you can't set yourself on demand, hence the reason for this script.

---

For those who don't know: You'll automatically become Idle in Messenger when you're not doing anything at the computer for a certain amount of time (and you've enabled the option in Messenger: "Set me as away if I don't do anything for x minutes"). So, you don't need Messenger Plus! for this at all, it is build into Messenger. Thus you need to set this time-before-becoming-Idle in the options of Messenger.

But the thing is that you normally don't see the Idle status as such because Messenger desguises this also as "Away". In other words, in Messenger there are two kinds of 'Away' statusses: the real 'Away' status and the 'Idle' status (but which is also shown as "Away"). And that is where Messenger Plus! comes into play; Plus! can change that fake "Away" string into "Idle" so that you can actually see the difference in your contactlist.

;)

This post was edited on 02-06-2011 at 03:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-06-2011 03:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release]Idle Liar 1.0
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
the real 'Away' status and the 'Idle' status (but which is also shown as "Away"). And that is where Messenger Plus! comes into play; Plus! can change that fake "Away" string into "Idle" so that you can actually see the difference in your contactlist.
Great, didn't know that :P
[Image: Empty.png]
02-06-2011 02:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jag021

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by felipEx
Heya,

I've edited this script to support WLM 14.0.8117.416... been using it for a while, since I haven't seen TheGuruSupremacy recently on WLM nor had a reply from him I decided to share a few lines of code as I'm not going to upload the script package for the masses without permission of TheGuruSupremacy :tongue:

If you're interested on it, just edit the script yourself :)

JScript code:
      Address = [0x64A138,0x649EC9
                , 0x647AA1]               
      if(Messenger.VersionBuild==8089){i=1}else if(Messenger.VersionBuild==8064){i=0}
      else if(Messenger.VersionBuild==8117){i=2}

Thanks man! :D
02-08-2011 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MEL7IM

44 / Male / Flag
Please update the script to the latest version WLM  2011
02-27-2011 05:18 PM
MEL7IM

44 / Male / Flag
No one helps me
:(
03-11-2011 03:05 AM
Eldarkino

update plx XD
03-22-2011 05:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
To everyone saying "plz update to latest wlm", we can update it for you, but we cannot release it. Just be patient and wait for TheGuruSupremacy to come back. Also, we'd appriciate it if you could stop bugging us via PM. I've got about 4 PM's for NudgesToolsScript, but as I've said before, I can update it for personal use but I cannot distribute it without TheGuruSupremacy's permission.
03-22-2011 08:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fike
To everyone saying "plz update to latest wlm", we can update it for you, but we cannot release it. Just be patient and wait for TheGuruSupremacy to come back. Also, we'd appriciate it if you could stop bugging us via PM. I've got about 4 PM's for NudgesToolsScript, but as I've said before, I can update it for personal use but I cannot distribute it without TheGuruSupremacy's permission.

Well, supposedly it's alright to present a "Fix" for a script, by adding the fixed part of the script attached to a post reply in this thread or simply by showing how users can edit the script to fix it with a [code] tag. As long as you don't "distribute" the script with a different name and/or labeling yourself as the creator.

Furthermore you could also create your own script which has the same features.. learning from this script, without using Copy&Paste might be a good learning experience as well.

However, you don't have to do any fixing at all of course.. :P

This post was edited on 03-22-2011 at 10:24 PM by Arcticwolfx.
03-22-2011 11:15 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Well, supposedly it's alright to present a "Fix" for a script, by adding the fixed script attached to a post reply in this thread...

Furthermore you could also create your own script which has the same features..
Note that both things are not always appreciated either though.

Many developers don't want other people to even attach 'fixed' scripts in posts as this is distributing too and can confuse the user.

As for creating your own script with the same features. It highly depends what is meant with 'same features' though. More than often, that too is seen as ripping of. Unless the script has some other decent stuff included.

However, making a post like felipEx did is allowed by most developers.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-22-2011 11:47 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fike

Well, supposedly it's alright to present a "Fix" for a script, by adding the fixed script attached to a post reply in this thread or simply by showing how users can edit the script to fix it. As long as you don't "distribute" the script with a different name and yourself as the creator.

Furthermore you could also create your own script which has the same features.. learning from this script, without using Copy&Paste might be a good learning experience as well.

However, you don't have to do any fixing at all of course.. :P

If I were you I'd look back on my "Nudger" script thread. First of all, I said I was simply changing the name. I didn't say I was creator. Second, I realised what I did was wrong and ceased editing it. If you'd like a flame war, let's take it to PM's ;P

This post was edited on 03-22-2011 at 03:34 PM by Fike.
03-22-2011 03:33 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: