What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem

WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem
Author: Message:
catscratch

O.P. WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem
I got 2 computers, 1 at home 1 at work.

With previous versions, i could have MSN@Work on 1 computer and MSN@Home on the other as personal messages. Now I can't do that anymore. Whtever I write on one messenger, it stays with the other one too.

I think it's about me not logging on the computer without logging off from the other one. However it didn't matter on previous versions.

To sum up, I want different personal messages per WLM installations on different computers. I dunno if it's a known bug or something, any ideas ?
04-10-2009 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem
Go to tools > Options > Sign in and untick "Use the same display picture and personal message wherever I sign in", and you should be good to go!
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-10-2009 12:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
catscratch

O.P. RE: WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem
They were already unticked on both machines. It asked me that if i wanted to use 2 wlm at the same time, the first time logged in while the other machine was also online. I selected "NO", log off other machine when i log in from another machine.
04-10-2009 01:11 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
May I ask you guys something???
If WLM only "suports" showing ONE Status (so if you were online in one computer, then you sign in on other as another status, the new status you signed in will be shown on both computers), I guess with PSM and nick name would be the same, right???

How can my contacts, for example, see 2 diferent PSMs or even me see 2 PSMs?? I think it's impossible to show 2 diferent PSMs, nicks...
Sorry if I didn't understant your point....
04-10-2009 03:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
catscratch

O.P. RE: WLM 9 on different computers, personal message problem
I set msn to log off any other connection once i log in. It means i can only have 1 msn logged in at all times. That's why i'm asking to have different PM on both msn installations.

When I log in from work, it should say MSN@Work, when I log in from home, it should say MSN@Home.

It's a small quirk but still, better than having to change it all the time. Besides, it was that way before the latest version.

This post was edited on 04-24-2009 at 07:54 PM by catscratch.
04-24-2009 07:53 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
If you are using Messenger Plus! Live, this could be achieved with a simple script on both the home and the work computer which would simply change the PSM as soon as you log on. I am no scripter however, so I cannot provide you with any code.
[Image: signature.php]
04-24-2009 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: