What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Xbox 360

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Xbox 360
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Xbox 360
Ok, so as you may have noticed from the new avatar and sig, someone got a new XBox the other day :p So far I've not had much opportunity to play on it, which is why I have such a low gamerscore at the moment.

Basically, I only have 2 games that came with it, PGR4 and Sega Superstar Tennis. I've borrowed a few including Smackdown vs. Raw, Call of Duty: World something blah, Viking and a few others. I want to get Burnout: Paradise, but can anybody recommend some good games, that don't make you buy loads of maps or cars or whatever.

I also connected it up to my PC for file sharing and stuff, can anybody recommend anything cool to do with it from there?

To be honest though, the XBox isn't quite what I was expecting, especially the size of it (even though I've seen one before), the size of the power pack (part of the cable), and what the hell happened to the Dashboard. I know I haven't really been keeping up with the XBox much, but didn't it used to appear at the side of the screen?

Apart from that I'm loving it. I've got a funky wireless controller (getting a pink one for the other half), 60GB HDD (Got the middle package XBox), a slightly different design of headset (to what my brother-in-law has anyway...).

Also, feel free to add SpunkyLoveMuff to your friends, I might be able to play some games with people I know and get shown around :p
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-23-2009 02:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Xbox 360
The new dashboard came out on the 19th November.
Its The New Xbox Experience. It took some time getting used to but i love it now :)

The shape of the xbox at first does seem pretty bulky, but you get used to it. I would recommend you lay it flat if possible as I have heard that the fans provide better ventilation with the xbox laying flat.

About games, COD:WAW is pretty awesome, the new Nazi Zombie map is a lot better than the shipped one, so I highly recommend that.

If you like shooters, get Gears of War 2 aswell. Thats one of my favourite games. When it was first released, the online play was laggy as hell, so many glitches and just basically sucked, but since the new Title Update 3, it has drastically improved and is really fun now with the new 1-100 leveling system. If you buy a new copy of the game you will get a free Flashback map pack code, but then there are also 2 other map packs available; Combustible, and Snowblind, both of which are pretty awesome :D

Resident Evil 5 is also a great game if your a fan of the series xD

Another game coming out in June which I have pre-ordered is Prototype. It just looks super bad-ass.

COD:MW2 (Modern warfare 2) is coming out this november so I recommend getting that aswell if you like COD:WAW.

Also feel free to add me if you like. Gamertag is Jimboodude. Have fun :P

This post was edited on 04-23-2009 at 03:12 PM by Jimbo.
04-23-2009 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
I love the new dashboard, I only tested out my free 1-month gold last month (just expired a week ago when I came back to uni) and I had to update the dash.

Halo 3 is a good game; very good storyline, and a lot of playability online after completion. Bungie have released a couple of new map packs and i think one map, the standalone map and one of the map packs is free.

Add stoshrocket to your friends if you want, although I won't be able to accept you and play till I get back home in June and get my subscription up again.
formerly methos
04-23-2009 03:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Yeah, how could I forget about Halo 3. Thats a pretty cool game, especially if theres a group of you playing it. Theres also Halo Wars if you like RTS games, which I personally don't.
04-23-2009 03:14 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Don't bother with World at War, come November, the play-base for that game will be horrible.
I reccomend Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, very intense storyline, and a great multiplayer, except for a few things.
Watch out for Modern Warfare 2 as well, its not actually a Call of Duty game, as the series (Modern Warfare) is branching off on its own with Infinity Ward being the only developer.
If your into RPG games i would also suggest Fallout 3, its not a multiplayer game at all but is a very fun game to play once you get into it.

I dont reccomend Resident Evil 5, if your into multiplayer, because it is absolutely horrible, we have had a lot of people at ebGames bring it back complaining about the multiplayer.
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-23-2009 03:58 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Xbox 360
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
What cable do you use to connect to the TV?

Just the normal RCA cables (Red, Yellow and White); I don't have a HD TV

I got Outrun on there, but I think it's only a demo :p My Gf downloaded it
04-23-2009 04:40 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Mirror's Edge is fantastic.

Virtual Tennis 3 is great too (VT 2009 is out end of May) and Outrun Online Arcade.

What cable do you use to connect to the TV?

On a side note M$ are quite harsh when it comes to gamertags so you might be forced to change yours when the next wave comes.
Doubt it, ive seen a lot worse in terms of Gamertags, unless Spunky gets very unfortunate.

And Mirrors Edge is a game you either hate or love, im not a fan personally but i know a fair few of people who are.
04-23-2009 04:53 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Just the normal RCA cables (Red, Yellow and White); I don't have a HD TV

I got Outrun on there, but I think it's only a demo :p My Gf downloaded it

You can get a much better picture with the VGA cable if you have a port on your TV.

Downloading demos before you buy a game is the best way to do things, especially with arcade games.

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie

And Mirrors Edge is a game you either hate or love, im not a fan personally but i know a fair few of people who are.

True, but you could say that about any game I guess. The best thing is to try before you buy.
The good thing about ebGames Australia (not advertising my workplace here lol) is that if you buy a game, you have between 7-14 days to take it back :) and get a full refund, which is awesome. Dunno whats its like in England though.

This post was edited on 04-23-2009 at 05:53 PM by Eddie.
04-23-2009 05:52 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Xbox 360
Most stores don't accept games back any more, but will trade them in (meaning you get about £6 back for a Wii game ^o))

04-23-2009 06:32 PM
NanoChromatic

I'm hot cause I'm fly

29 / Male / Flag
Some good games

XBLA:
Peggle - Addictive as hell :P
The Dishwasher - Dead Samurai - fun game.
Castle Crashers - Everyone should have this game. :D
A Few more...

Retail:
CoD 4/5
L4D - Survival is win honestly. (Glitchy, But fun.)
Res 5
GTA IV - Jsut got it, Seems pretty fun.
Halo 3 - Good online and good campaign.
King Kong - "         "
Blue Dragon - 3 Disks, Alot of replayability. (Hard achievements though.)
Guitar Hero 4
GH - Mettalica

I could go on for a while just cant be bothered atm.
[Image: editbytbgux9.png]
04-23-2009 08:19 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: