What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Xbox 360

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Xbox 360
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Xbox 360
quote:
Originally posted by methos
While this thread's been revived, I've been thinking about getting mirror's edge, anyone played it and have an opinion? (I'm looking at you nimicitor :P)

i got it a few months ago on PS3 for like £15 and just started playing it yesterday...it's pretty decent so far....pretty unique control system, etc.  the graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking, although it's done in a way that it doesn't matter.

i can't comment on the longevity, but it doesn't seem like one of those epic games that is gonna be 20-30 hours, more like a 6-7 hour game, that's if you go for the achievements and stuff

if you can get it cheaply (similar price to what i got on PS3) then i'd say go for it
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 5 hours, 33 minutes, 20 seconds ago
06-01-2009 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
While this thread's been revived, I've been thinking about getting mirror's edge, anyone played it and have an opinion? (I'm looking at you nimicitor :P)
I don't think its that great, it becomes very boring because it is the same thing over and over again, the wow effect of the game slowly fades away as the game goes on. So personally i don't really suggest it.
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

i got it a few months ago on PS3 for like £15 and just started playing it yesterday...it's pretty decent so far....pretty unique control system, etc.  the graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking, although it's done in a way that it doesn't matter.

i can't comment on the longevity, but it doesn't seem like one of those epic games that is gonna be 20-30 hours, more like a 6-7 hour game, that's if you go for the achievements and stuff

if you can get it cheaply (similar price to what i got on PS3) then i'd say go for it
eh, I thought this much, from the looks of it it looks like it's all the same routine in the end... Although I saw it for a tenner so I think I'm gonna get it regardless... Think it's worth it for how cheap it is. Thanks ;d
formerly methos
06-01-2009 08:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Anyone watch / go to Microsoft's E3 conference yesterday?

I have to say, Project Natal looks really exciting. Left 4 Dead 2, Asassin's Creed 2 and Halo Reach look really awesome. Still a bit skeptical about L4D2 though since the only thing added, that we have been told so far, are new weapons, and new campaigns, which could just be made into DLC.
06-02-2009 10:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
Anyone watch / go to Microsoft's E3 conference yesterday?

I have to say, Project Natal looks really exciting. Left 4 Dead 2, Asassin's Creed 2 and Halo Reach look really awesome. Still a bit skeptical about L4D2 though since the only thing added, that we have been told so far, are new weapons, and new campaigns, which could just be made into DLC.
I have to agree that Project Natal looks great, seems that they have done a lot of work there and if it acts like it looks then it will be very impressive. I liked the look of MW2 as well, not much of a halo kid myself or AC2 and i thought L4D2 looked very dodge, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell looked alright though.

Edit: 2000 posts :o)

This post was edited on 06-02-2009 at 10:59 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
06-02-2009 10:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Still a bit skeptical about L4D2 though since the only thing added, that we have been told so far, are new weapons, and new campaigns, which could just be made into DLC.
Who gives a shit, it's Valve, anything is amazing, they could make a "Suck My Penis" game and it'd sell :p

I saw just Natal part last night, it was ok....stupid companies trying to make me exercise.

Halo: Reach is going to be epic also (looking forward to ODST also).

For anyone who missed it Live, thanks to Volv for telling me, they are available here :p

quote:
Asassin's Creed 2
I still have to beat the first :sad: Same with BioShock (STUPID GAME FREEZING DURING SAVE)

I will watch the whole thing when I get back from school today ;> (and maybe enjoy Toy Story 2 :banana:)
06-02-2009 11:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Rundown I made of Microsoft's E3 Press Conference if anyone's interested (please note that this only lists what was shown at the official press conference and not the 360's entire lineup):

Green = games I'm personally excited for

The Beatles Rock Band
Tony Hawk's Ride
Modern Warfare 2
Joy Ride (XBLA, for free)
Epic's game (XBLA)
Crackdown 2 (360)
Left4Dead 2 - Nov 17 (PC/360)
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Fall 2009 (360)

Forza 3 - Oct (360)
Halo: ODST - Sep 22 (360) + invitation to Halo: Reach multiplayer beta
Halo Reach - 2010 (360) I personally don't find ODST very appealing, Reach seems like a better storyline/setting
Alan Wake - Spring 2010 (PC/360)

Metal Gear Solid: Rising (360/PS3)

last.fm integration for XBL Gold members
Netflix browsing/queuing/playing directly from 360
Sky TV for UK and Ireland (live TV with no additional hardware)
Zune Video (1080p streaming + doubling # of countries with video store)
All movies/tv/music capable of sharing with friends on XBL
Facebook/twitter - Fall 2009

Project Natal (advanced motion cam + voice recognition thing)
Project Milo (silly tamagotchi-like game based around Natal)

Sony's E3 Press Conference - PS3 ONLY (does not include random clips which were shown without a game title) for comparison:

Green = games I'm personally interested in

Uncharted 2 (PS3)
MAG (PS3)
Agent - new Rockstar title (PS3)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360/PS3) <-- not sure if this will be good or not
Final Fantasy 13 (360/PS3)
Final Fantasy 14: Online (PS3)
ModNation Racers (PS3)
The Last Guardian - from Team ICO (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3

Motion Controller

Electronic Arts (NOTE: this list is not all games shown at EA's press conference, only those I'm personally interested in or excited for)

Dante's Inferno (360/PS3/PC)
Need for Speed: SHIFT (360/PS3/PC)
Dragon Age: Origins - Oct 20 (360/PS3/PC)
Mass Effect 2 (360 - other platforms not yet announced but very possible)
The Saboteur (interested, but definitely need more convincing)
Brutal Legend
Crysis 2 (360/PS3/PC)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC mmorpg) - THE MOST EPIC TRAILER EVER (especially if you know a bit about Star Wars lore): http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937

This post was edited on 06-04-2009 at 05:01 PM by Volv.
06-04-2009 04:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: