What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts

Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts
Author: Message:
Daanoz

O.P. Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts
Hey,

I'm looking for a script, but can't find it. Since i do quite some webprogramming on a daily basis i'm willing to give this a shot to create it myself, if someone can point me in the right direction.

Ok, in my contact list, i group all offline contacts together, to keep some overview on who is online. Some contacts in my list have some strange urge to set their status as "appear offline", so they appear in the offline group. Perfectly logical.

Now the thing is, some people i know pretty good, i just know that they have their status as "appear offline" so, sending an offline message enables me to talk to them anyways. The thing that's so damn annoying i always have to scroll down to find them in the ungrouped offline contact section (or search them).

So, i was thinking of a script, which enables you to right click a contact, and select something like "force online mode" which will make them appear in in the proper group in the upper part of the contact list...

So i just looked into the basics of the MsgPlus scripting language, and it looks pretty easy, created some small scripts to test it's capability all worked fine :).

But, i have absolutely no clue how to implement a script like i just described... anyone any tips? or just say impossible so i can stop looking :^)

Cheers Daanoz

This post was edited on 05-05-2009 at 02:17 PM by Daanoz.
05-05-2009 02:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts
Messenger Plus! scripting engine does not provide access to groups. Unfortunately this cannot be done.

Let me rephrase this. It cannot be down by just Messenger Plus! alone. You would need to research and code on the Windows Live Messenger API.

This post was edited on 05-05-2009 at 06:44 PM by matty.
05-05-2009 04:46 PM
Daanoz

O.P. RE: Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts
Ok, do i have any control of the status of my contacts when they appear in the list?
05-05-2009 08:54 PM
Baggins

B000ALFAZO

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Force status of contacts, or realocate individual offline contacts
quote:
Originally posted by Daanoz
Ok, do i have any control of the status of my contacts when they appear in the list?
No.
05-05-2009 09:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: