What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows 7 with Ultramon

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Windows 7 with Ultramon
Author: Message:
segosa
Community's Choice

O.P. Windows 7 with Ultramon
Does anyone who uses dual monitors have Windows 7 (RC1) installed with Ultramon? If so, does the secondary taskbar work properly?

This person here says it works with a registry tweak but that the rendering is weird, and some guy in the comments said if you run it in compatibility mode it works fine.

I'm considering installing it on my desktop but I want to ensure that Ultramon's second taskbar does work properly so can anyone confirm that?
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
05-09-2009 07:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Does anyone who uses dual monitors have Windows 7 (RC1) installed with Ultramon? If so, does the secondary taskbar work properly?

This person here says it works with a registry tweak but that the rendering is weird, and some guy in the comments said if you run it in compatibility mode it works fine.

I'm considering installing it on my desktop but I want to ensure that Ultramon's second taskbar does work properly so can anyone confirm that?
When I tried it, the only thing that worked was the secondary taskbar.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
05-09-2009 10:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The guy still hasn't published an official final version for Vista... seems like he's in no rush which is a shame considering how useful this tool is.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-17-2009 11:38 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
I haven't done much with it yet, but I've been meaning to update from 7000 to 7100, I'll see what I can do.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
05-18-2009 01:29 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Well, any updates? I'm about to go multimon on Win7 b7137 :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-19-2009 06:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well, any updates?
Doubt it, there hasn't been any new release since this thread was started. This guy must really hate receiving money. Like patchou said, it's a good tool, and I would pay if it actually worked (and if I were still using multiple monitors).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-19-2009 12:16 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well, any updates?
Doubt it, there hasn't been any new release since this thread was started. This guy must really hate receiving money. Like patchou said, it's a good tool, and I would pay if it actually worked (and if I were still using multiple monitors).
I probably wouldn't pay for it because I only hook my desk mon to my lappy once every month or so when I have loads of dev work or.. well for the lulz :P

I still don't know why Windows doesn't provide better multimon support. :(
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-20-2009 04:09 PM
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
This post from Softpedia expains why Microsoft haven't included multi-monitor support for the taskbar yet. It's from last year, but I'm sure Microsoft are still putting it off.

And on a more related note, I use the free version of MultiMonitor TaskBar. It works perfectly in Windows 7. The only problem you might find is it doesnt match the look of the original task bar, the Pro version can use an XP or Vista theme, but that still wouldnt blend in as well with Windows 7.
06-23-2009 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

UltraMon 3.0.6 Beta is out.

quote:
What's new in UltraMon 3.0.6 Beta:

Support for Windows 7: the window buttons now work when using the Windows 7 or Windows 7 Basic themes, and the Smart Taskbar matches the Windows 7 look, with support for no labels and small icons. If you disabled the window buttons in order to be able to use a previous release on Windows 7, you'll need to enable them again under UltraMon Options > Buttons and Menu Commands.
· Support has also been added for the drag maximized windows with the mouse feature. If you prefer to use Windows 7's support for dragging maximized windows, you can disable the feature under UltraMon Options > General.
Fixed issues:
· Mirroring may crash when changing settings, for example when adding an additional mirror target monitor
· Smart Taskbar: wrong icons used for task buttons for some applications, for example Taskbar and Start Menu Properties applet with large fonts on Vista, or UltraMon Options dialog
· Fatal error in MultimonGUI.cpp at line 1957 when disabling the disable/enable secondary monitors menu option, then setting the double-click action to disable or enable secondary monitors
07-16-2009 09:49 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
This is epic, however you can't drag things like you can in the real superbar (to rearrange), regardless....this is good for now (y)...hopefully they will improve on this.
07-16-2009 10:14 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: