What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown

New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown
Author: Message:
dbeeve3

O.P. New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown
I searched around for hours trying to find a skin that had this option already as well as if there was any info on how to do it but much of this is beyond my capability at the moment. I hope to keep learning and eventually be able to understand more but in the mean time I figured I'd ask the experts out there.

Is it possible to hide 'Options' located in the tools drop down menu?

If you need a reason it is to take away the ability of other people to change the settings since messenger plus has a password protection for it's options/settings where the skin could be changed back and forth I figured the simplest way to do what I need would be to created a skin that would hide the options.

I am trying to use windows messenger in a small office environment where it would have a set contacts list and would block all others, incoming or outgoing. The problem is once logged in all the settings can be changed. Originally I thought maybe there was an addon that could password protect the options but alas I cannot find anything that does that.

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place or have done something wrong that I am not aware of yet as I am new to this community and hope to grow here.

Thanks for reading.

B
02-05-2010 10:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown
Unfortunately, locking Messenger down to this extent isn't possible, nor is it possible to remove those options using skinning.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes, 3 seconds ago
02-05-2010 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: