What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Fuse

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
[Release] Fuse
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Fuse
Well boys and girls. I come to you today bearing a brand new skin called fuse. Fuse is something I have been working on and off for the past few months. Messenger 9's layout is difficult to manipulate when it comes to taking down the extra space Microsoft added in.

With every skin I made, I learnt a bit more on how to get around some of these sizing restrictions to condense the space down. So after a lot of coding I was able to construct a skin which significantly brings down the minimum window size you can have when using Messenger.

Fuse features a highly compressed chat window and contact list design. It took a lot of experimentation and a mixture of code from different skins to be able to come to the final product (kinda how it got it's name, it's a fusion of all the layout compression I have done.)

Fuse features the standard options you guys have been used to in my skins recently and also uses some of the extra registry entries you see in Phunk'n as a little bonus. But yeah I recommend people check out this skin because it really does grow on you (like how it colorizes and if you combine it with the right scene it looks really nice).

Now for some screenshots:

[Image: fuse_CL_01.png]

[Image: fuse_CW.png]

Well that's all for now. Stay tuned because there is still more to come this month in terms of skins.

Willz.
05-15-2009 02:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Fuse
Wow that is pretty compressed, i will probably end up using that because i like a nice little window and it to be as compressed as possible, does it allow making larger though?
...there used to be a signature here :)
05-15-2009 02:46 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Fuse
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Wow that is pretty compressed, i will probably end up using that because i like a nice little window and it to be as compressed as possible, does it allow making larger though?

As in window resizing? Yes.

If you are talking about restoring say the min max close bar to be tall again then no :P
05-15-2009 02:49 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I know I say this a lot, but I love it. That will be my new skin when I get home :p
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-15-2009 03:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
Where's the download link?
Man, if this and Ev0 where to be combined, it'd be cooler. :O

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
05-15-2009 03:18 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter

The pictures?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-15-2009 03:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

The pictures?
Oh, how silly of me. Did not recognise at first. :P

Err, can I resize the bottom Display Picture in the chat window?

Btw, the text box (where you write), is buggy when using "Raavi" as font and 14pt as font size. =\ Buggy in the sense that text is not displayed, but emoticons are. I will need to click on the "Choose font" button and click "OK" every time to make the text appear.

This post was edited on 05-15-2009 at 04:08 PM by James Potter.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
05-15-2009 03:46 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Willz surprises us with yet another amazing skin... Installed and using! :D

quote:
Btw, the text box (where you write), is buggy when using "Raavi" as font and 14pt as font size. =\ Buggy in the sense that text is not displayed, but emoticons are. I will need to click on the "Choose font" button and click "OK" every time to make the text appear.
Yes, I'm having the same problem. The text appears in white first and when I open the Choose Font dialog and press OK, the text appears but the color appears slightly lighter in the text box than the one I chose.

Oh, and is it really necessary to reduce the opacity of the text in the chat history? I prefer readable text, but it could just be on purpose for this kind of skin. Although maybe that opacity change could be the cause of these kinds of side effects... I don't know...

Never mind! The minor hotfix release fixed all those tiny problems for me! :D Great job, Willz! :)

This post was edited on 05-15-2009 at 04:21 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-15-2009 04:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Fuse
Just a note. For those that are experiencing an issue where your typing font randomly gets changed to white I have updated the skin to fix this minor issue. It happens pretty randomly so yeah.

There is no build change since it was a one line kinda thing. Just redownload the the skin and it should be fine.

This post was edited on 05-15-2009 at 04:19 PM by Willz.
05-15-2009 04:16 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Feels pretty nice and clean... goint to try it ;)
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-15-2009 06:21 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: