What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
[Release] Photo Sharing Disabler
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler
Enough?
He was just explaining who really created that, since you said
quote:
The Function patch was made by me not by Cookie.
wich turned out to be a misunderstanding from both parts.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-22-2009 08:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Enough?
He was just explaining who really created that, since you said

wich turned out to be a misunderstanding from both parts.

Well but i had already explained that misunderstanding in a previous post so there was no reason to continue.I explained clearly that copying his code and put it in a function or copying the function is the same thing(in both cases he has the merit).So i don't know why he continues to say i lie because seeing the facts i really have no reasons to do that

This post was edited on 05-22-2009 at 08:47 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
05-22-2009 08:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ok, let me explain _why_ I replied.

The first time I replied because you said:
"The Function patch was made by me, not by Cookie."...
Which is wrong and thus I replied because that Patch() function does come literally out of my scripts, word for word.

The second time I replied was because you said you thought you copied the patch() code out of the 'Idle on demand' script.
Although that script was probably used as a base, I simply suggested that the actual Patch() code which is used in this 'Disable PhotoSharing' script and in your 'NudgesToolScript' script comes from the 'Unlimited Nudges' script, not from 'Idle on demand' script. The 'Idle on Demand' script uses a slightly different Patch() function.

The two things above can easly be verified by anyone by downloading those old scripts.

I never called you a liar and/or never intended to call you a liar, sorry if that seemed so.
In fact, I do respect you (and you can verify that by asking other people how I feel about you) because I know you would not copy code without crediting and because I know you know your stuff... I simply wanted to correct those two things you've said, I don't see what's so arrogant about that...

This post was edited on 05-22-2009 at 09:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2009 09:17 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
I have to admit at the facts that the functions are really the same,but well when i replied i was sure i wrote that function(to be honest i'm still sure).Comparing the code it seems you are right,but well actually that's no important because in both of the cases i don't see the difference:copying the function or your code and put it in a function for me is the same thing.That's why i didn't understand why you had to continue.However to talk about the script someone could be find interest that page ..Well i really think the author just copied all stuff.

This post was edited on 05-22-2009 at 09:51 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
05-22-2009 09:45 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
Think i just found a bug in the script, i had restarted my wlm and it said that photosharing was disabled but when i sent a file it used photosharing.

to fix it i had to "enable" and "disable" again... just thought you should know :)
05-29-2009 01:31 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Think i just found a bug in the script, i had restarted my wlm and it said that photosharing was disabled but when i sent a file it used photosharing.

to fix it i had to "enable" and "disable" again... just thought you should know :)
Where did it say it was enabled?

Because there is nothing in the script which tells the user if it was enabled or not. Except in 2 places:

1) When you actually click on the submenu "enable" or "disable" to enable or disable it. So maybe you were a bit confused for a split second and saw "enable" and thought it meant the script was enabled. But remember that this menu says the opposite of what the current state is.

2) After clicking the above menu you will see a toast popping up telling if the function has been enabled or disabled. But that can only be seen when you actually click on the menu, not after a WLM restart.
05-31-2009 09:38 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
yea i think i was confused about that... but i think the script should re-enable after messenger restarts...
05-31-2009 10:55 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Hang on.

You are 100% correct, there is indeed a big bug there.

The script does not re-enable or disable anything when it is restarted but it does get the current setting from the registry. This means there is a big inconsistancy between the two and you will end up needing to enable or disable it before it would work each time you start it (aka, each time you start Messenger).

You get that when you copy stuff and changing a few things without understanding it :p
05-31-2009 11:46 AM
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
So... what does this do, and doesn't even work? Given all the discussion about stolen code, copied code, not understanding the code, bugs... not sure what the status of this script is in terms of working or not.

Secondly, again, what does it do? Does it disable the automatic "Photo Sharing" when you drag and drop an image into the window, instead sending it like a file, or...?
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
06-25-2009 07:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
You can read what it does here:
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
but i prefer it if i could totally delete the photosharing instead of just for print screens...
iirc shouldn't this patching stop all the photosharing thing, instead of just print screens (which Patchou's registry does?)
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
I assume that at least the byte to patch is your own work.
No, I presume? <=click link to know what this specific patch address does

06-26-2009 11:31 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: