What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Lasik Operations.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Lasik Operations.
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Lasik Operations.
quote:
Originally posted by Moh
That is the reason I was asking about its advantages, I've read somewhere that it leads to perfection and STABILITY of vision. I actually kind of doubt the stability part. Thanks Volv.
Well, I've never met people who have made that surgery, but doctors say it's effects aren't permanet, as already said here.

quote:
Originally posted by Moh
I dont have anything against glasses or contacts but as I have mentioned before, the part that I hate is that I barely take off my glasses and my eyesight still gets worse after a year or so but it does get worse. And, I think it would be the same using lenses. That's all.
I've got everything against glasses, but contacts are fine. Mine is also very unstable =P, keeps getting worse each year. It was barely -0.25/0 when I was 11, but it already is -6.00/-5.75, same as Mom (wich already is -7.75/-7.50), and yep, that means I'll probably never make that surgery, as it is NOT stabel, and will never be I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Eye contacts are a good solution if you need my opinion.
(Y) Idem
[Image: Empty.png]
05-28-2009 05:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
I've considered laser eye surgery. My eyes are -3.50 (left) and -4.75 (right). I have no idea what that means though :P

I currently wear contacts, but if you think about the money in one year you spend on contacts, for me around £240, I've had contact lenses for about 5 years now, so all in all they have cost me £1200 approx. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is more than the cost for the surgery. The clinic I looked at were offering £395 per eye.

I am interested in this because, well, I see nothing wrong with glasses or lenses, I guess I'm just lazy, I'd like to be able to see all of the time without having to resort to wearing glasses or contacts.

Sure you may have to get it re-done or w.e but isn't it worth it? It's hassle free, you don't have to put contacts in every day or wear glasses and it's cheaper in the long run.
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
05-29-2009 11:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Lasik Operations.
quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
I've considered laser eye surgery. My eyes are -3.50 (left) and -4.75 (right). I have no idea what that means though

I currently wear contacts, but if you think about the money in one year you spend on contacts, for me around £240, I've had contact lenses for about 5 years now, so all in all they have cost me £1200 approx. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is more than the cost for the surgery. The clinic I looked at were offering £395 per eye.

I am interested in this because, well, I see nothing wrong with glasses or lenses, I guess I'm just lazy, I'd like to be able to see all of the time without having to resort to wearing glasses or contacts.

Sure you may have to get it re-done or w.e but isn't it worth it? It's hassle free, you don't have to put contacts in every day or wear glasses and it's cheaper in the long run.

I dont see why many people adore lenses actually, they only avoid you from wearing glasses I guess and glasses are not that bad. Also, it's not like they are cheap or anything. But, thinking about the successful result (obtaining permanent perfect vision) of a lasik surgery is worth consideration for sure if all that is true though. However, Im still confused about its results and I'm also wondering whether the result depends mainly on the surgeon or something else is involved. Finally, money is not the issue if the result is going to be actually worthy. [Even Vimto pointed that its cheaper than lenses on the long run]
05-29-2009 02:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Moh
However, Im still confused about its results and I'm also wondering whether the result depends mainly on the surgeon or something else is involved.
I'm not educated on the subject, but I would hazard a guess that the results of the surgery are more dependant on the condition of the patient than the surgeons skill. One would assume that the surgeons are qualified to carry out the surgery and as such have the necessary skill to make it a successful operation. [Agreed that the surgeons skill will vary however.]

This post was edited on 05-29-2009 at 02:56 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
05-29-2009 02:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
My eyes are -3.50 (left) and -4.75 (right). I have no idea what that means though
For use with Lensmakers Equation:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=964384]
(from wikipedia)

.png File Attachment: lensmakers.png (54.47 KB)
This file has been downloaded 388 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-30-2009 at 03:24 PM by blessedguy.
05-30-2009 03:21 PM
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
I meant more that I don't know if my eyes are bad or not :P Based on those numbers.

* Vimto is stupid
05-31-2009 08:50 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
Just thought I'd throw this out there. There is another approach to eye surgery as an alternative to LASIK. It's called PRK and a more evolved form of it is called "No Touch PRK", it involves no cutting, so less risk there. It does have a longer healing period though...

Personally, anything about messing around with eyes sets off my alarm bells... don't ask me why, it's sort of an irrational fear of the unknown. Anyway, I'd suggest trying contacts before you make the jump to eye surgery...

Me, I look good in my glasses so I'll keep them, for now atleast ;)

This post was edited on 05-31-2009 at 07:21 PM by ipab.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
05-31-2009 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
I meant more that I don't know if my eyes are bad or not :P Based on those numbers.

* Vimto is stupid
Oh, your right eye is not nice, certainly, but your left eye is a bit like the avarage, anyways,

VIMTO I LOVE YOU! That very same Lensmakers Equation was at my Vestibular test yesterday, I wouldn't be able to remember it if yuo hadn't ask that =P
06-01-2009 02:07 PM
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Lasik Operations.
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:

* Vimto is stupid
Oh, your right eye is not nice, certainly, but your left eye is a bit like the avarage, anyways,

VIMTO I LOVE YOU! That very same Lensmakers Equation was at my Vestibular test yesterday, I wouldn't be able to remember it if yuo hadn't ask that =P

I love you too!
Glad I was able to help... kinda :P

06-01-2009 04:12 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
my best friend just got it done a month ago... she had 5ish on both eyes iirc... she's fine now :P no glasses anymore
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-02-2009 03:39 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: