What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sound Clips

Sound Clips
Author: Message:
RickSamsonite

O.P. Sound Clips
Where are sound clips saved and can I copy and import them for use on a different computer?
06-12-2009 02:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Sound Clips
Emotion Sounds for Plus are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds. For Vista this should be something like C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds. There should be some .dat files in the folder; these are just renamed .mp3 files. To identify which sound is which, simply open the Sound Library, select a sound, click Edit, and look at its Internal Sound Identifier.
06-12-2009 07:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
megzooxD

Grin  helppp!
my friend just got Messenger Plus, and theres something wrong with her sounds.
if i send her an Messenger Plus sound randomly, she can get it and hear it and all, but its just when she trys to send them to me, the name of the sound comes up but she cannot hear it and neither can i. any ideas what to do ?

thankss x
06-12-2009 01:53 PM
RickSamsonite

O.P. RE: Sound Clips
Thanks. I'm using Vista and when I looked for "All Users" I couldn't find it. So, I did a bit of googling and I read that "All Users" is now ProgramData found at C:\ProgramData which is a hidden folder. I had to show hidden folders in order to find it.

For me the sound clips were found at C:\ProgramData\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds
06-12-2009 02:54 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: