What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2009 and Webcams

WLM 2009 and Webcams
Author: Message:
Tready77

O.P. WLM 2009 and Webcams
Hey all

I've got WLM 2009  14.0.8064.208, and the latest Messenger Plus Live.

On my old WLM/MSN messenger ( 8  ) I was able to use webcam fine.

Now when I go to send my webcam, it is not recognising that I have one, the option is greyed out.

And when I try to do a video call, it wont show my cam.

I've run the setup wizard, and it detects it there, and shows the webcam icon near my pic, so obviously it knows I have one, but wont let me use it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Treaddy

PS - No McAffe products installed

This post was edited on 04-27-2009 at 05:56 AM by Tready77.
04-26-2009 02:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2009 and Webcams
quote:
Originally posted by Tready77
and shows the webcam icon near my pic

That doesn't mean much, I think it always shows =/
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-27-2009 01:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hewey

Hi T.I have the same trouble sometimes.Not sure if you got it sorted but if you go to device manager via,control panel,system,hadrware,device manager.It will show you all the hardware that is installed on your pc.left click imaging devices.You will see your webcam.right click on your cam.Update driver.Sometimes the driver isn,t installed properly or was uninstalled due to a download or other.If you don,t want to do all that.Click start,all programs you should see your cam in the list.Click on the cam and it should bring up your image.If your using xp.Or xp control panel add remove programs.you should see it in there.If your useing vista,control panel,programs and features.If you don,t see it in program list.You may have to load disc that came with the cam.Good luck.
04-28-2009 10:11 PM
seattle2dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Tready77
Hey all

I've got WLM 2009  14.0.8064.208, and the latest Messenger Plus Live.

On my old WLM/MSN messenger ( 8  ) I was able to use webcam fine.

Now when I go to send my webcam, it is not recognising that I have one, the option is greyed out.

And when I try to do a video call, it wont show my cam.

I've run the setup wizard, and it detects it there, and shows the webcam icon near my pic, so obviously it knows I have one, but wont let me use it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Treaddy

PS - No McAffe products installed

I'm trying to fix a similar problem.  I've been thinking it may be related to my dialup connection and would like to know if you have dialup also.

When I used it the first time, I had excellent audio,no video at my end and frozen video at other caller's end.  We have since had frozen video and no audio at both ends.

Please note what type of connection you have and update your progress in resolving the problem.

04-30-2009 02:13 AM
bigb88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 / Male / Flag
Tready77, i just ran into this problem on my one account it didnt picked it up yet on my 2 others it did so i closed all wlm's, went to device manager pulled the cam out. reinstall it and the account it didnt see it on it now does only thing i can say to do or plug it in a diff usb port so the drivers can be picked up for that port
[Image: Untitled333.jpg]
04-30-2009 05:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tready77

O.P. RE: WLM 2009 and Webcams
THanks guys, I'll give that a go.

And I'm on Naked DSL - Syncing at around 20 Mbit

Ok...cam un-installed and re-installed.  No change.

Still shows up in the tuning feature, but cant send my cam....really getting annoying now.

Is there anyway to contact microsoft and see if this is a known issue?

This post was edited on 05-01-2009 at 02:23 AM by Tready77.
04-30-2009 11:17 PM
yashainu2004

Same problem here ! It just won't work . . my cam works fine on other applications(e.g.skype) but not on the new version of the messenger( it used to be in the older versions). . dunno what to do but it sucks!

hopefully someone knows how to fix this . . ( and yes i use the latest version of messenger..)
05-20-2009 08:03 PM
Vern

– / Male / Flag
I had this problem with XP and was able to get a work around by signing out and signing back in. This miraculously restored the greyed out option to send the webcam. Hope this works for someone.

Unfortunately I now have a new computer with Vista and a new cam, the problem is still there and that solution no longer works for me.

Strangely though I can ask the person I am chatting to to request I send my webcam. Then I can accept and everything works fine.

I do wish the developers of Live Messenger would solve this clitch instead of continually blaming third-party software.
06-30-2009 04:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: