What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Preview] MP - Development Environment

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[Preview] MP - Development Environment
Author: Message:
effection

Destroy The Runner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
ah it might be because im running 64bit windows 7... i dunno.... but it just wont run for me...
Doesn't appear to work in x64 at all.

Ah, odd. I thought the "Any CPU" target took care of both x64 and x86 processors. I'll see what i can do, send me your msn so i can send you some ones to test if you'd like (i've got a 64bit processor but only 32bit XP at the minute)
07-02-2009 10:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
It didn't work at all for me on my Windows XP machine, I just got an "application has stopped working and needs to close" error. I'll look into it later to try find out why.

On my Vista installation it worked, and it looks good so far, although I find the "are you sure you want to close this tab" message kinda annoying (especially when you have a few open tabs and then try exit, meaning you have to click through a few message boxes before it actually quits) :P

quote:
Originally posted by effection
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
ah it might be because im running 64bit windows 7... i dunno.... but it just wont run for me...
Doesn't appear to work in x64 at all.

Ah, odd. I thought the "Any CPU" target took care of both x64 and x86 processors. I'll see what i can do, send me your msn so i can send you some ones to test if you'd like (i've got a 64bit processor but only 32bit XP at the minute)

I've had this problem a few times :P If your app is it's reading any Messenger Plus! registry key (and I assume it will be), you'll need to set it to x86 mode. Any CPU means that on an 64-bit version of Windows, registry calls will read from the 64-bit area in the registry, whereas Plus! always saves its settings in the x86 area.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
07-02-2009 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
effection

Destroy The Runner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
quote:
Originally posted by pollolibredegrasa
It didn't work at all for me on my Windows XP machine, I just got an "application has stopped working and needs to close" error. I'll look into it later to try find out why.

On my Vista installation it worked, and it looks good so far, although I find the "are you sure you want to close this tab" message kinda annoying (especially when you have a few open tabs and then try exit, meaning you have to click through a few message boxes before it actually quits) :P

Take a look in the options box, you can disable it.

quote:

I've had this problem a few times :P If your app is it's reading any Messenger Plus! registry key (and I assume it will be), you'll need to set it to x86 mode. Any CPU means that on an 64-bit version of Windows, registry calls will read from the 64-bit area in the registry, whereas Plus! always saves its settings in the x86 area.

I'll work on this!
07-02-2009 12:40 PM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
Bug (see attachment). Visual Studio output window:

quote:
The program '[856] Messenger Plus - Development Environment.exe: Managed' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).

I'm on Windows Vista x64 SP 1. The app crashes immediately upon starting; no window is shown at all.

.jpg File Attachment: Bug.jpg (28.85 KB)
This file has been downloaded 104 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-02-2009 at 12:54 PM by SmokingCookie.
07-02-2009 12:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
quote:
Make sure you are running the .Net 3.5 SP1 framework.

quote:
Disable the Close Tab Confirmation in the options.

On a side note I can't get it to run at all on Vista Business 32Bit. Does it rely on having MP!L installed? If so that explains it as this is my work computer.

Suggestion:
Extend the intellisense feature. What exactly do I mean by this? What I mean is with Javascript we can create our own classes:

Javascript code:
var hello = function () {}
hello.prototype = {
    "world" : function () { Debug.Trace ( 'hello world ' );
}

var h = new hello();
h.world();

It would be nice to have a full list of these class functions. Also much like with the VB6 IDE if you type var h = new it would populate a list of classes then each function/parameter when you try to access it. I think this would be a nice added feature.

This post was edited on 07-02-2009 at 06:50 PM by matty.
07-02-2009 01:01 PM
effection

Destroy The Runner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
Yeah it does rely (at the minute) on MP!L being installed. And yes matty that is something i have previously thought about but i wont be working on anything new until i get these current errors ironed out :(
07-02-2009 08:17 PM
effection

Destroy The Runner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Preview] MP - Development Environment
Anyone with 64bit versions of XP/Vista/7 give me your email so i can give you a test version :)

I've (hopefully) fixed the OS problem and i've fixed a problem with some files not opening.

To Do:
Fix open scrip dialog
Fix the folding strategy for code (not a priority)

Hopefully that's all the bugs for now sorted.
07-05-2009 05:55 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: