What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
Author: Message:
kiyiko

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
i have to say, i hate that damn *mouseover* menu, that pops up all the time, when browsing my contact list

and put wlm back in the toolbar, on windows 7
09-15-2009 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
chordleburger

A few must-have features are as follows:

-Make the dots before every message optional. Seriously, I hate them, and every time I want to copy and paste a message, it does this:

Fred says:
*Hi
*How's it going

-Allow us to choose which side the avatars are on.

And if possible, I'd like there to be a way to choose the way the messages are displayed.

Right now, they are displayed like this:

Fred says (10:00):
Hi
How's it going

But I'd also like to see

Fred(10:00): Hi
Fred(10:00): How's it going

-Also, what happened to signature sounds? I know they have custom sounds still, but I liked signature sounds.

-Arrange chat windows with more space in mind. As of right now, the chat window area for the actual text is getting smaller and smaller. There are a lot of spaces in the window that aren't being used.

-What's up with the memory usage? It can take upwards of 60K KB RAM at a time, and for what?

and one last thing, what happened to Music Mix? I used it all the time to share some audio files with friends. Why is it gone? :(

Yay the post is over

This post was edited on 09-15-2009 at 04:53 AM by chordleburger.
09-15-2009 04:50 AM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see?
I'll add a few comments just in case you didn't know.

quote:
Originally posted by chordleburger
A few must-have features are as follows:

-Make the dots before every message optional. Seriously, I hate them, and every time I want to copy and paste a message, it does this:

Fred says:
*Hi
*How's it going

-Allow us to choose which side the avatars are on.
Avalon Concept offers both.

quote:
And if possible, I'd like there to be a way to choose the way the messages are displayed.

Right now, they are displayed like this:

Fred says (10:00):
Hi
How's it going

But I'd also like to see

Fred(10:00): Hi
Fred(10:00): How's it going
This is already an option in Messenger. Go to Tools> Options> Messages> Untick "Group sequential messages from each contact together".

quote:
-Arrange chat windows with more space in mind. As of right now, the chat window area for the actual text is getting smaller and smaller. There are a lot of spaces in the window that aren't being used.
You can make it bigger by hiding the personal message and the menu bar.

09-15-2009 01:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kiyiko
i hate that damn *mouseover* menu, that pops up all the time, when browsing my contact list
this
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
09-15-2009 02:19 PM
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
i would like to see oversized dp option again.it was one of the best thing of msn messenger 7.
09-15-2009 08:52 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Lou, please work for Microsoft. WLM would be so much better. :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-15-2009 09:52 PM
skribb

– / Male / –
The only reason I use Microsoft's IM app as opposed to any other is because WLM is the dominant IM software in my country. I'd say there are maybe 1000 people using ICQ and 2 million using WLM (as an example).

Umm, I digress |-)

Lookwise, there is a lot that needs to be done. Messenger has looked worse and worse with every version since 8.1, and v2009 looks like, dare I say it, complete shit. Not that I'd give a hoot normally, but since I can't even log on to the network without updating to v14, it suddenly becomes personal. It looks so bad in fact, that it got me in a bad mood this morning, which still sort of lingers in my mind.

Windows Messenger needs to look like MSN MESSENGER. Circa 7.5-8.0. That, or the second best alternative: less  bloat, more customisation options. In essence, that would pretty much entail everything that's been said in this thread already.

In sum: Less colours, less Aero Glass crap, less "features".

This post was edited on 09-16-2009 at 12:54 PM by skribb.
09-16-2009 12:50 PM
shaun02010

Webcam that works thousands like me wish this so please fix this error and dont blame on other programs or firewalls cos i have done everything told and guess what still dont work:S
WEBCAM SESSION ENDED thats all i get hope you can fix it
09-16-2009 09:12 PM
chordleburger

quote:
This is already an option in Messenger. Go to Tools> Options> Messages> Untick "Group sequential messages from each contact together".

No, no it isn't. Actually look at what I'm requesting. I'm talking about having the name and text on the same line.

quote:
Avalon Concept offers both

Avalon Concept also has UI flaws (ever notice the little piece missing from the side of the typing box?), and the space where the dot goes is still there, and when you copy and paste from the chat window, the asterisks still appear. I've USED avalon concept, so please actually educate yourself on the matter a little better.

quote:
You can make it bigger by hiding the personal message and the menu bar.

Or how about I continue to have necessary space without having to hide a bunch of things?

This post was edited on 09-17-2009 at 06:07 AM by chordleburger.
09-17-2009 06:03 AM
Relex

Well first of all, please have a look at these problems (annoyances) http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=92251

To sum up:
- I like to have an option to turn off and on the clear type within the messenger
- I like to have an option to disable the animated pictures in the chat window, so it is only a static picture like it was in all the previous versions of MSN

- I like to have more options to display the status of the people in the contact list: you now have a couple of options regarding displaying the display picture or to use a colored icon for the status. In my opinion the old way was better, because it was less destracting. Only red and green is enough for me. Besides that I don't like the new icons... (a colored square).

- A new option would be great to have the file transfers not in the text of the chatwindow but between the 2 display containers with a progression bar and perhaps a resume option :)
09-17-2009 09:20 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: