What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom Sounds not Working

Custom Sounds not Working
Author: Message:
Zhumos

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sad  Custom Sounds not Working
Hi,

Before anyone says it I have tried searching the forums and all responses either have a solution that does not work for me or is unanswered.

When i try to send a custom sound it comes up with this message:

[Image: error.jpg]

When trying to receive a sound it fails to download and puts (try again) next to the name of it.

I have tried a fresh re-install of both programs. I am running Windows 7. I currently have no emoticons that could cause a clash.

Thanks, Zhumos
02-27-2010 05:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Sounds not Working
Can you access http://sounds.msgpluslive.net/ ?

And just asking, but does Messenger Plus! itself has permission to access webpages on that Win7-account? (dunno exactly how these permissions things work in Win7 though, can't test it)

Or do you have some other software which might block Messenger Plus! from accessing webpages? firewall, anti-viri software, etc...

This post was edited on 02-27-2010 at 01:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2010 01:12 PM
Zhumos

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Custom Sounds not Working
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Can you access http://sounds.msgpluslive.net/ ?

And just asking, but does Messenger Plus! itself has permission to access webpages on that Win7-account? (dunno exactly how these permissions things work in Win7 though, can't test it)

Or do you have some other software which might block Messenger Plus! from accessing webpages? firewall, anti-viri software, etc...

Thanks for the speedy reply,

This does seem to be the problem as I cannot access this website even in a web browser. Might i ask if the sounds web-page uses a non-default port?

Thanks, Zhumos
02-27-2010 11:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Sounds not Working
Nope, it uses the same port as any other website.

Check in your security software (anti-virus, firewall, ...) if the sites are blocked or not.

Also check your HOSTS file if it contains some line which might block websites from Messenger Plus!. Remove such lines if they exist. eg: 127.0.0.1 msgpluslive.net
(note: do not remove "127.0.0.1 localhost")

And in the Internet Explorer settings there are also settings which might block websites. See here for example (its for version 7, but same applies to other versions).

And check similar settings in your other browser in case you have one.

This post was edited on 02-28-2010 at 12:14 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-28-2010 12:13 AM
Zhumos

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Custom Sounds not Working
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Nope, it uses the same port as any other website.

Check in your security software (anti-virus, firewall, ...) if the sites are blocked or not.

Also check your HOSTS file if it contains some line which might block websites from Messenger Plus!. Remove such lines if they exist. eg: 127.0.0.1 msgpluslive.net
(note: do not remove "127.0.0.1 localhost")

And in the Internet Explorer settings there are also settings which might block websites. See here for example (its for version 7, but same applies to other versions).

And check similar settings in your other browser in case you have one.

it's strange, i can access the website on my iphone which is connected to the same internet as me so it must be local but I am using Windows Firewall and everything to do with messenger plus is allowed. HOSTS has nothing in it without a hash in front of it, Internet Explorer has no blocked websites.

Thanks, Zhumos
02-28-2010 12:30 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: