What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Laptop Search

Laptop Search
Author: Message:
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. Laptop Search
Hey guys,

My grandads computer has just broke and he has decided he wants a laptop instead. I have a list of things that it has to have, I'm just not good at finding them, so any help would really be appreciated!

The stuff he needs are..

At least: 2GB RAM, 2GHZ dual core, 160 GB HDD, 17" Screen, Firewire (if not firewire a card reader for firewire extension).

Prices up to £500/£600. Also it has to be windows.

Thanks for any help!
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
08-03-2009 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Laptop Search
If you want a Windows laptop then go for Sony Vaio, they have excellent support, are in your price range and are the best Windows laptops to get.
08-04-2009 07:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
^_^

ayy caramba!

I Recomend DELL  www.dell.com  i have one and it has worked fine for more than 2 years, they have excellent support and warranty.
08-14-2009 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
Considered the Dell Studio 15?

Are you sure you want a 17 inch? I believe there is a 17 inch equivalent. I own a Dell machine. The support has been brilliant at times and amazingly awful at times. I guess that happens with almost all brands.
traxor seems to support the Sony Vaio. I've always had a feeling that the Vaios were more of flashyness than performance. I never liked the build quality. My brother, a casual user finds it nice with all the gloss.. as a hardcore user, I dislike the way the machine is built. Might just be me.

Then again, considering your grandparents want it, their users are different from ours :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-14-2009 11:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
I have had an Asus laptop for two years now and I have liked it ever since I turned it on for the first time. Because of that I'd recommend an Asus laptop :chrongue:.

Is there a specific reason he wants a laptop? The 17" inch screen would reduce the portability a bit, which I find one of the key ideas of a laptop. Regardless of that, many of the specifications you mentioned I believe are quite standard these days, such as the amount of memory, processor and hard drive. This means it shouldn't be a problem to find one for the price you've indicated. For more information on a specific brand I'd simply make a visit to the nearest computer store, who probably have a far better knowledge of what laptops are available at the moment than I do.
08-14-2009 01:07 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
I have had an Asus laptop for two years now and I have liked it ever since I turned it on for the first time. Because of that I'd recommend an Asus laptop
Agreed. My M50VM-B4 dominates everything :banana:...not exactly your price ranger. However, I still suggest ASUS because of their amazing warranty and overnight shipping :D
08-14-2009 01:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: