What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results: playing fair after cheating and still no prize

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[split] Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results: playing fair after cheating and still no prize
Author: Message:
pardaL

O.P. RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Note: if you're not on the list of winners and fileld the winning form at some point, it's because you cheated or somebody else cheated with your msn account. There's just no way to go around it and thsoe who deny it will see their click grid posted on the forum as public proof :p.

Patchou, frist of all, sorry about my english. I'm brazilian.

Yes, I cheated at the first time that I saw this game (week 3) and I found a prize. But after it, I was imagining that people aren't too stupid to make a click-game and do not create a way to check if people are cheating, and I started to read the rules, and Bingo! I saw this in the rules. After it I stoped to play cheating because it will only waste my time. And I started the fair play, because it will be the only way to win a prize. And on week 3 I found my frist prize and on week 4 I found another one practicing a fair play.

I really want you guys post my click grid after the first prize that I found because you'll see that I played trully.

Graciously,
Thiago Bittencourt.
08-15-2009 01:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by pardaL
I started to read the rules, and Bingo! I saw this in the rules. After it I stoped to play cheating
At that point you already broke the rules though. It doesn't matter if you only cheated a little. Rules are rules.

If you steal something from your work, but play by the rules in the weeks after, you are still fired by the end of the month when your boss finds out.

This post was edited on 08-15-2009 at 01:55 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-15-2009 01:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pardaL

O.P. RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
At that point you already broke the rules though. It doesn't matter if you only cheated a little. Rules are rules.

Menthix, yes. Rules are rules. And I didn't see in the rules that if a player starts cheating he/she will gain nothing anymore, even if he/she stops cheating.

In those rules was "writen":
If you cheat you'll gain nothing. If you play nice you'll gain a prize if you find it. (i just simplified the text)

Like you said: "Rules are rules".

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
If you steal something from your work, but play by the rules in the weeks after, you are still fired by the end of the month when your boss finds out.

Yes, I agree. But, what I stole?

In another words, you are saying that if a man goes to jail and comes back, he'll never be a good person again?

Just think before write.
08-15-2009 02:59 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
In another words, you are saying that if a man goes to jail and comes back, he'll never be a good person again?
Completely oversimplified, too big of a scale to compare to a contest :dodgy:.

Besides the fact that you're an idiot for cheating, I hope you learned your lesson, good luck next year :)?

This post was edited on 08-15-2009 at 03:18 AM by prashker.
08-15-2009 03:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
And now a 16 years boy came to talk...

Yes, because 16 year olds aren't able to do this whole thinking thing.

Look, you cheated, you were caught, live with it. If you wanted a chance to get a prize, you shouldn't have cheated in the first place.

If you want to use your shitty prison analogy, then sure: next time there's a msgplus contest, you'll be given a fresh chance to participate without cheating.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
08-15-2009 03:33 AM
pardaL

O.P. RE: RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Look, you cheated, you were caught, live with it. If you wanted a chance to get a prize, you shouldn't have cheated in the first place.

I think you guys, like everyone, must respect the rules.
If the rules don't say anything about a cheater that stops cheating to play nice. You guys can't say it now.
Like you are trying to do, use the sense, and respect the rules.

quote:
If you want to use your shitty prison analogy, then sure: next time there's a msgplus contest, you'll be given a fresh chance to participate without cheating.

My shitty prison anaLogy? I don't need analogies. I just said that to tell to Menthix uses a more similar analogy. I am not here to play with "The Most Intelligente Analogy".
08-15-2009 04:01 AM
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
quote:

If the rules don't say anything about a cheater that stops cheating to play nice. You guys can't say it now.

quote:

My shitty prison anaLogy? I don't need analogies. I just said that to tell to Menthix uses a more similar analogy. I am not here to play with "The Most Intelligente Analogy".

The rules say "no cheating"; once you broke that, you lost your right to demand that anything be done for you. Have you ever heard of hypocrisy? Why are you telling us to respect the rules when you have no respect for them yourself as evidenced by the fact that you cheated?

If you don't need analogies, then why are you using them? It is indeed a shitty analogy, but it still applies if you spin it the correct way, and not the wrong way like you were.
08-15-2009 04:09 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

The rules say "no cheating"; once you broke that, you lost your right to demand that anything be done for you. Have you ever heard of hypocrisy? Why are you telling us to respect the rules when you have no respect for them yourself as evidenced by the fact that you cheated?

If you don't need analogies, then why are you using them? It is indeed a shitty analogy, but it still applies if you spin it the correct way, and not the wrong way like you were.
Dude I think segosa just lawyered you
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
08-15-2009 04:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pardaL

O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:

Hypocrisy? Yes I do. Do you? You are telling me to respect the rules and you are not doing it.
And don't say that I broke the rules because I didn't know that there were rules. After my thought that I search for the rules, read it, and when I realized that there were rules, I started to respect them.

quote:

Didn't you read what I wrote? Am I need to brush for you understanding? I'll try again.
I just used that analogy to tell in between lines to Menthix to use a more similar analogy. I am not here to play with "The Most Intelligente Analogy" and even use it to try to explaing me.
08-15-2009 04:30 AM
segosa
Community's Choice

.. I doubt it. That's just my interpretation of it, and how I think it should be done. It makes sense to me.
08-15-2009 04:31 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: