What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results: playing fair after cheating and still no prize

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[split] Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results: playing fair after cheating and still no prize
Author: Message:
pardaL

O.P. RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
You doubt it?  Do you know where were the link to the rules? In a realy bad place.

I don't care if you doubt it or no. I'm just saying to respect the rules. And if the rules says that if you play nice and find a prize you'll gain it, it needs to be respected. And if the rules says nothing about a person who started cheating and stoped cheating to play nice, it can't be created now when the game finished.
08-15-2009 04:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by pardaL
In those rules was "writen":
If you cheat you'll gain nothing. If you play nice you'll gain a prize if you find it. (i just simplified the text)
Wait, but you did cheat. Your very own paraphrasing says nothing about having to be cheating at the moment that the prize is won, "If you cheat, you'll gain nothing".

This post was edited on 08-15-2009 at 06:27 AM by Volv.
08-15-2009 06:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
You doubt it?  Do you know where were the link to the rules? In a realy bad place.

I don't care if you doubt it or no. I'm just saying to respect the rules. And if the rules says that if you play nice and find a prize you'll gain it, it needs to be respected. And if the rules says nothing about a person who started cheating and stoped cheating to play nice, it can't be created now when the game finished.
Dude its just a toy, get over it
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
08-15-2009 06:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
And if the rules says nothing about a person who started cheating and stoped cheating to play nice, it can't be created now when the game finished.
No. The rules don't say "If you cheat you will gain nothing* however if you then play nice again you will be back in with a chance if winning again" They say "If you cheat you will win nothing. If you don't cheat you can win." Meaning once you cheat, the contest is over for you, indefinitely.

*Definition of nothing: Nothing is a concept that describes the absence of anything at all.

---

As for your argument that you "didn't know the rules", that's a silly argument, cheating is never accepted in a competition and you know this[hence why you got scared and decided to check the rules]. Secondly, as for not seeing the rules, aren't they shown when you first start the contest?

I'm sorry but I think you're trying to play everyone for a fool, and even if you're not rules are rules, and they're not debatable.

[Image: jumbled.png]
08-15-2009 09:54 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
Its just sad how this happens every time.
If you have problems, simply stay away.. I'm pretty sure Patch had a clause in the rules stating his decision on this whole thing is final and he is a pretty fair guy so he wouldn't have kicked someone off the winners list without having a good reason :)

So lets just move on, shall we? :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-15-2009 10:47 AM
kotjze

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
And don't say that I broke the rules because I didn't know that there were rules.
OK. I didn't know there were rules about not driving drunk, so I went out and drove drunk and got pulled over by a cop. I told him I didn't know there was a rule about not driving drunk so there was no way I could have broken that rule, and so he didn't arrest me! zomg!
[Image: 2wehvrb.jpg]
<Discrate> lol geeks are fags who sit at home on the computer without a gf and no friends except other geeks they meet on the net
------------------------------
<+Nitro> I've found that the best way to clean your keyboard without taking everything apart is by sucking it
08-15-2009 01:10 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
And I didn't see in the rules that if a player starts cheating he/she will gain nothing anymore, even if he/she stops cheating.
That's common sense IMO, but if you really do want it spelled out:

[Image: contestrules2.png]

"all winnings", that includes before and after you were cheating.

This post was edited on 08-15-2009 at 01:33 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-15-2009 01:29 PM
pardaL

O.P. RE: RE: Contest 2009: Week 3 & 4 Results
quote:
Originally posted by kotjze
OK. I didn't know there were rules about not driving drunk, so I went out and drove drunk and got pulled over by a cop. I told him I didn't know there was a rule about not driving drunk so there was no way I could have broken that rule, and so he didn't arrest me! zomg!

(And here comes another analogy...)
I'll brush for you guys that I'm not here to play with analogies.
(but ok, let's answer him too...)

Kotjze, you drove drunk and got arrested. Now you can't drive anymore because you already drove drunk and broke the rules. Isn't it fair?

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by Rules
(...) Using any kind of automated mechanism to play for an extended period of time will automatically result in the cancellation of all winnings. (...)

And what period of time is it?
08-15-2009 02:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
The point is that you're not getting a prize. If you want you can sue him and have a judge make a fool of you, not that you need much help with that.

This post was edited on 08-15-2009 at 02:27 PM by Volv.
08-15-2009 02:27 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
YOU ARE NOT GETTING A PRIZE
08-15-2009 02:29 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode