What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN Msgr 7,5 plus on its way out?:'(

MSN Msgr 7,5 plus on its way out?:'(
Author: Message:
alexa112

O.P. MSN Msgr 7,5 plus on its way out?:'(
:'([b][i]hi there

i have a prob and hope i can get help here...

i have msn msgr 7,5 plus since doomsday and i am happy with it !!!
i also use msn explorer to open my hotmail account( the one with the butterfly not the one with a blue e explorer as i hate that one )

since over 1 year now ever now and then when open msn explorer my msn msgr is not open up automaticlly insted gives me and extra box saying i have to install a newer version of msg yes or no... i always click no as i am happy with my version!!!

further now when i want msn exploer for my mails it says now since last week i have to sign up to a new version there too or i wont be able to acces my mails via msn explorer ... turns out that newer version is no longer for free!!! and am not paying for that!!!! out of principal!!! am i right in gathering that from sep i will therefore have to use the so hated blue e explorer version  to get in my mails sighhhh?

and today it came to me that from sept therefore i might be unable to use my msn msg 7,5 plus too ?
i did today answer that question with yes and got that new msg version ... turned out to be windows live msg and automatically got rid of my msn msgr7,5..... as i thought i dont like that new version so quickly  i did a reset on my pc to get my old beloved msn msgr 7,5 plus back...

so next question is  will i be able to use my fav version or will windows force me into windows live eventually?
and if i am ok with my fav how can i get rid of that box  asking me to install that newer version? its going on my nerves by now...

thx for any help
08-18-2009 11:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Msgr 7,5 plus on its way out?:'(
quote:
Originally posted by alexa112
so next question is  will i be able to use my fav version or will windows force me into windows live eventually?
If they decide to pull out old client support (as they've done before), you won't be able to use it anymore. But eventually you'll upgrade your computer and Messenger 7.5 won't install there anymore...

And about the update box, only editing messenger's resource files, which is illegal.
[Image: Empty.png]
08-18-2009 11:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TReKiE
Elite Member

41 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Msgr 7,5 plus on its way out?:'(
They won't force an update to Messenger unless there's a major security hole found in the older versions. 

Versions of MSN Explorer prior to 9.6 might make use the WebDAV protocol (I gave it a go at looking, but it didn't seem to one way or another), but that's what is what's being retired on September 1st. 

Since you're using MSN Explorer 8, I'm not completely sure what will break after the 1st, but as MSN Explorer has the ability to just open up Hotmail in its browser window, hopefully it won't affect you too much.  Of course, they could block you from using it and some hacking around might be required after that.
[Image: favicon.ico] Jonathan Kay

Note: I am not Dutch, but not from lack of trying :P
08-19-2009 01:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: