What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Virus Link

Virus Link
Author: Message:
tulip

O.P. Huh?  Virus Link
hello I hope everybody had a good day !

yesterday a friend of mine sent a link to me which looked like this

http://[removed].photosbucket.org:81/albums/aq432/IMG20090909.JPG

Well I didn't know that it was an infected link with virus,, i clicked on the link and my anti-virus Avast told me that a virus has been detected,, after that i moved the virus to the virus chest,, and then deleted. I just want to ask if Avast detected the virus and deleted it,, and they put a couple of warnings saying that they prevented me from entering the infected malicious website,, does that mean that the virus didn't get in my computer or otherwise???? the next day I ran a complete scan,, and ran spybot search& destroy. I just want to make sure from you guys

Thanx

Moderator edit: edited link so people won't accidentally click it.

This post was edited on 09-19-2009 at 02:42 PM by Tochjo.
09-19-2009 02:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Virus Link
Hey,

If Avast has detected the malware using its real-time scan mode it has almost certainly stopped the malware before it could do anything.

As it is clearly a type of malware that Avast knows about the fact that your complete system scan revealed nothing proves that it is no longer on your computer.

You have nothing to worry about.

I notice that you originally linked to the infected file on this forum, may I ask you not to do this in future please? Other people may accidentally click it, and it is generally not good for a forum to contain links to any malware.

If it puts your mind at rest, it's a good practice to make a note of the exact virus\malware that your Anti-Virus detects and look up what it is. The vast majority of threats they detect are browser hijackers and invasive advertising tools which, while unpleasant, aren't a major cause for concern to your computing (and can usually be removed - though they can be a major pain sometimes).

Have a good day, and enjoy your computer fear free :D.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-19-2009 03:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tulip

O.P. RE: Virus Link
^^
Thanx dear for your help:)
and sorry that I posted the link
Have a good day
09-19-2009 03:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »