What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Requesting msn narrator

Requesting msn narrator
Author: Message:
beef682

O.P. Huh?  Requesting msn narrator
Please! I looking for a Messenger Plus script that reads back messages that you receive via Microsoft Sam or Microsoft Anna. +speech does the right way I want it to but I don't want it to load the speech to text app built into Windows, its very annoying having it open the speech app everytime. I deleted the speech exe from my pc but then the +speech script returns an error saying my speech not configured right or I dont have speech 5.1 installed, I hat this, I just want a script that reads incoming messages. thats it. In the +speech script I see that it has to do with the code:

function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(wnd, origin, message, messageKind)
{
    if(messageKind == 1 && settings["message"] == "true" && origin != Messenger.MyName) {
        speak(message);
    }

please if someone can find me a script like this that reads incomming messeges please send me it, or if you can make it please do so
also if the original creator of +speach is reading this please make a script just with the narrating part, not the speech to text thing.

.plsc File Attachment: +Speech-1.0.plsc (7.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 78 time(s).
10-04-2009 02:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Requesting msn narrator
I whipped this up fairly quickly (I was running around trying to find out how not to make it hang, then discovered the function could be made asynchronous anyway :-$).

You can make the script speak the person's name simply by changing the bSpkName var to true; however, this will always be true in the event of a group conversation.

EDIT: The script also just uses the default voice for speech; if you google for SAPI.SpVoice you should find what you need to change it to a different one on MSDN.

.plsc File Attachment: Message Narrator.plsc (792 bytes)
This file has been downloaded 78 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-05-2009 at 01:57 AM by ryxdp.
10-04-2009 11:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
beef682

O.P. thanx ryxdp
Thanx a bunch ryxdp, but your plsc file wont be able to open in messenger plus because it dosent have the ScriptInfo.xml in it, all messenger plus script ad on's must have this in it, I did the liberties of adding one to yours and repacking it into plsc format. I hope this works.

.plsc File Attachment: Message Narrator.plsc (1.2 KB)
This file has been downloaded 79 time(s).
10-05-2009 12:52 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Requesting msn narrator
Oh, I had no idea they needed ScriptInfo files to work. I swear I've seen one or two that didn't have one, but oh well :P

Updated the original .plsc now ;)

This post was edited on 10-05-2009 at 12:57 AM by ryxdp.
10-05-2009 12:55 AM
beef682

O.P. RE: Requesting msn narrator
thanx ryxdp, this scripts works great, no errors or even a hint of windows speech.

now that the plsc file  has both the script and the info file in it you should consider uploading it into the Messenger Plus scripts page for people the download, I'm sure there are others looking for this script.
10-05-2009 08:42 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Requesting msn narrator
quote:
Originally posted by beef682
thanx ryxdp, this scripts works great, no errors or even a hint of windows speech.

now that the plsc file  has both the script and the info file in it you should consider uploading it into the Messenger Plus scripts page for people the download, I'm sure there are others looking for this script.

I might add on a couple more features before that though, like making it speak both you and your contact's messages, perhaps key-by-key speech (like "h, i, space, h, o, w, space, r, space, u, question mark"), and a GUI to make the SpeakName option a bit more easier to access.

This post was edited on 10-05-2009 at 09:21 PM by ryxdp.
10-05-2009 09:18 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: