What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?

How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?
Hey

Im wondering if the "You are in this contact's list" still work or is it a feature that doesnt but is still left it? How does it work exactly? Does the contact have to sign in to determine if you are or are not in the contact's list? Can he/she/you have him/her/you blocked? Just some generic questions with some generic answers needed about the feature :)
05-24-2009 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?
If you go to Tools > Options > Privacy you'll see how....
[Image: Empty.png]
05-24-2009 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
Yes, he/she can have you blocked. It doesn't determine that, it determines who has you on your list.. which you can see anyways doing what blessedguy said.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
05-24-2009 09:21 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
Yes, he/she can have you blocked. It doesn't determine that, it determines who has you on your list.. which you can see anyways doing what blessedguy said.
That list says "Who has added you". It doesnt say who still has you.

Im wondering if this is 100% sure so I can do a cleanup of who doesnt have me on their contact list.
This doesnt seem to work...

Account 1
Account 2

On account 2, I blocked account 1 then removed account 1 from my contact list and the clean up list on account 1 still says that account 2 has me on their list.
05-24-2009 10:05 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
Ok, so maybe it doesn't update immediatly. Try it again tomorrow and check again. The feature is most definitely still active and it does work.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
05-24-2009 10:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
However he raises a good point. Generally block contacts wont receive updates therefore would a blocked contact receive an update from the server that the user no longer has you on their list? Or would you have to wait until next signin to reflect that for the reverse contact list to be downloaded from the servers when signing in?
05-25-2009 12:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
This doesnt seem to work...

Account 1
Account 2

On account 2, I blocked account 1 then removed account 1 from my contact list and the clean up list on account 1 still says that account 2 has me on their list.
You'll need to signout first. Sign out and back in with both accounts. If that doesn't work, check again tomorrow. If it still doesn't work tomorrow you probably have your answer. Unblock and repeat the signin/signout/wait to check if that helps.

Plus! totally relies on what the server says (Tools > Options > Privacy, like blessedguy said), except from Last Online and Last Chat.

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Im wondering if this is 100% sure so I can do a cleanup of who doesnt have me on their contact list.
It's your own choice, but they definitely don't have you on their list at the moment. But you can still start a conversation with them, they just won't start a conversation with you. Bots for example usually don't have you on their list, but you can still use them.

Also, since someone can still have you on their list but have you blocked permanently it's also useful to sort the list by Last Online. If someone hasn't been online for over 6 months it's likely they just stopped using that account (or stopped using messenger completely), or blocked you. But keep in mind the Last Online is only from when you and that contact were both signed in. Plus! can't see if another contact was online when you weren't there.

This post was edited on 05-25-2009 at 01:08 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-25-2009 12:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
floeiz

Hi

My problem is somewhat different. I've added a few people on an account recently, and I have been chatting with them, but when I check the Contact Information, it says that I am not on their contact list. How is that possible if I see them online the moment I add them? If I were not on their account, I would not be able to see them online the moment I've added them.

I've tried it on my own multiple accounts, adding my other accounts and the same thing arises. For example, I would add account B, and accept the invitation. But when I check if account B has account A in the contact list, it says no.

???
10-21-2009 11:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How/Does the "You are in this contact's list" work?
quote:
Originally posted by floeiz
Hi

My problem is somewhat different. I've added a few people on an account recently, and I have been chatting with them, but when I check the Contact Information, it says that I am not on their contact list. How is that possible if I see them online the moment I add them? If I were not on their account, I would not be able to see them online the moment I've added them.

I've tried it on my own multiple accounts, adding my other accounts and the same thing arises. For example, I would add account B, and accept the invitation. But when I check if account B has account A in the contact list, it says no.

???
You can configure WLM to allow people who aren't in your contact list to be able to talk to you, the other person has likely done that.
[Image: signature.php]
10-22-2009 04:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: