What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Communications Platform Error!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Windows Live Communications Platform Error!
Author: Message:
Sensations

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error!
Windows Live Communications Platform Error

I tried many things ..deleted and downloaded like 5 times etc..
Finally the best thing i did was too re-download the WINDOS XP SERVICE PACK 3 AGAIN and it fixed all my problems..
Good Luck
Sensations
09-22-2009 04:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
craigbennett17

try this, it worked for me....simple but it worked

go to start..then my computer...then open your ( c: ) drive
open program files...then scroll down and find your windows live folder and open it...open the contacts folder....right click the wldlog.dll file...click properties....change the name of the file from wldlog.dll to wldlog.dll_resp then click apply or ok, not sure if you can apply it...close this window and make sure the folder name changed inside your contacts folder to wldlog.dll_resp...exit the window entirely and exit your windows live messenger if you had it opened...re-open it and you should sign in without a problem

feedback would be great because i had this problem for a very long time and had a lot of trouble with it and stumbled across this method to fixing the program and it worked for me

This post was edited on 09-27-2009 at 03:23 PM by craigbennett17.
09-27-2009 03:19 PM
j3ss

thanks craigben,its work
10-01-2009 12:25 PM
Milster

I agree worked directly also bij me tryd everything else nothing worked. Thanks craigbennett17.
10-27-2009 10:09 AM
oldwizard40

83 / Male / Flag
when i first noticed the Windows Live Communications Platform Error I tried every thing from register cleaners to debugging  and what i finally did was i used the restore program on eh computer and restored back to a time when i did not see the Windows Live Communications Platform Error message and lo and behold it worked  but i have fired off a email to Microsoft about this if they want  us to use the LIVE idea they they better fix things
regards oldwizard
10-28-2009 05:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag

Also see other thread: -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......

Since there are two threads (actually even more) about this issue I'm going to post this here too. But remember to always search the forums first, before making new threads!

anyways...

---------------------------------------------

Please do NOT remove or rename WLDLOG.DLL!!!!
or any other file for that matter

That is the worst you can do!
Removing or renaming that file will cripple your Windows Live Messenger even further!

Yes you might be able to sign in but you wont be able to add contacts, contact syncronization will be crippled, contacts will dissapear from your list, etc...

By removing or renaming files you are actually making things worse. It is not because you can sign in that all the problems will be gone. In fact, a lot more invisible problems will crop up!

And later on, when you want to update you will have even more problems.

Again, removing or renaming files like that is the number one cause why people have so much trouble updating or having other kind of problems.

DO NOT ALTER THE MESSENGER FILES LIKE THAT!

-------

In case you have removed or renamed wldlog.dll, please put it back as it was! And because you probably have altered Messenger in some other ways too, you better of completely removing Messenger and all its components and re-install everything from scratch.

Removing or renaming wldlog.dll is NOT the fix for your problems. Instead, check if you have the nVidea Network utility/Firewall or Forceware Network Access Manager and uninstall that. Those components of your nVidea video driver are realy not needed to be installed. They are however one of the problems causing this issue.

Also, ALWAYS consult and read the official support first, like:
http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry
^^ = REAL PROPER FIX

Second, if you still have problems, report your problems to Support (instead of trying to fix it on your own by following some bad advise):
http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...&ct=eformts&scrx=1

This post was edited on 11-10-2009 at 09:22 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-10-2009 09:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: