What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Quick Text Issue

Quick Text Issue
Author: Message:
The Joker

O.P. Quick Text Issue
ok
i've made quick texts in the past using things like (!N) and /me but when i try to make something like ' /me sighs ' or something , when i type it in a convo it shows ' /me sighs ' . for whatever reason it's not showing ' <my name> sighs ' . i know this isnt an actual problem and this is how quick texts are supposed to work but all of my other quick texts display <my name> in the purple line with the same /me command . any thoughts ??
05-18-2009 01:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
magistr8

RE: Quick Text Issue
I have the same issue, that the /me command will work on quick texts involving the (!N) command, but quick texts without (!N) do not work.
For example, a quick text reading "/me throws a tomato at (!N)" will successfully output as "magistr8 throws a tomato at <friend name>" in the window.  However, a quick text reading "/me throws his computer out the window" will come out as "/me throws his computer out the window" instead of "magistr8 throws his computer out the window" as expected.
I browsed the forums for an answer to this problem but did not find one.  What I find curious though is that the friend who showed me Messenger Plus! does not have this problem with quick text.
09-11-2009 09:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Morjit

– / Male / Flag
RE: Quick Text Issue
Very easy fix. When you click "Add" on the Quick Texts Menu, change the Line Breaks to "Create Multiple Messages". Then, leave a paragraph blank before you type in your command. For example,

"(Leave this Blank, and hit "Enter" or "Return key"
/"me laughs."

Without Quotation marks of course.

This post was edited on 11-11-2009 at 05:50 PM by Morjit.
11-11-2009 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: