What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Toast popup

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Toast popup
Author: Message:
SourSpud

spud, spud, spud, spoon.

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Toast popup
thanks for the reply guys, is it possible to hide the toast just from the active window, say only when I receive the first message or if i cloe the conversation, everything else will still show like emails, people signing in ect.
11-25-2009 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Toast popup
I think they all have the same parent thread which means there would be no way to distinguish. Using the script you downloaded before, you can copy a function to get the text from the toast and check if it says "X has sent you a message". Once you have received that and closed it, add the user into an array. As long as you check who the toast is off against the array and only close it if it doesn't appear in the array, it'll be ok. Then you can delete the user from the array when the window is closed so that the toasts show again until you close the window...

Actually sounds pretty complicated, but it's not that difficult to be honest... I may try re-wording this post sometime.

If you can't do it I will have a try, but have a go at it first.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-25-2009 11:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SourSpud

spud, spud, spud, spoon.

34 / Male / Flag
That sounds way to complicated for a beginner haha
11-26-2009 01:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
you can copy a function to get the text from the toast and check if it says "X has sent you a message". Once you have received that and closed it, add the user into an array.
That wont work... You can have a window in focus which already has a conversation going on.

What you must do (and this is way less complicated; you also don't need any global array at all):
When a toast pops up, check the text of the toast and get the contact's email/name from it. If that email/name is the same as one of the emails/names in the current infocus* chat then hide the toast, if not, let the toast show.

* infocus: meaning all the chat windows (plural!) which are open, thus not minimized when tabbed chatting is disabled. Or the visible chat window (singular) when tabbed chatting is enabled.

PS: Depending on your computer speed it might well be that the toast which needs to be hidden will quite possible still show. This because getting the email/name from it, getting the contacts from the current infocus chats, comparing the two, etc all takes time. And it might well be that by that time the toast is already (partially) displayed.

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2009 02:17 AM
SourSpud

spud, spud, spud, spoon.

34 / Male / Flag
Cookie how about instead of checking the email and stuff just check if the toast contains says: and if it does can we make it hide it if the message contains either hey, hello, hi

but let it show it it contains anything else apart from those 3 words.

This post was edited on 11-26-2009 at 04:04 AM by SourSpud.
11-26-2009 04:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SourSpud
Cookie how about instead of checking the email and stuff just check if the toast contains says: and if it does can we make it hide it if the message contains either hey, hello, hi

but let it show it it contains anything else apart from those 3 words.
you can, but I don't see why you want that as that seems very random (eg: what if the contact says "howdy!").

It certainly will not work for what you previously wanted though: hiding toasts for the infocus chat because for that you need to have the email/name from the toast in order to have something to compare to the chat window's contact object.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2009 09:28 AM
SourSpud

spud, spud, spud, spoon.

34 / Male / Flag
yeah, but 90% of the peolpe either say hey, hi or helllo. I would like to add the others to it as i learn how people say hello to me. as i have a habbit of never closing the chat window anyway while im talking to someone unless the conversation ends.
11-27-2009 07:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: