What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Handwriting/drawing/ink message limit?!

Handwriting/drawing/ink message limit?!
Author: Message:
t3h m00kz

O.P. Sad  Handwriting/drawing/ink message limit?!
Hello,

I have recently been forced to upgrade from Windows Live Messenger 8.5 to the latest most up-to-date version. The handwriting/drawing on 8.5 had no limit to the amount of lines/detail added. No matter how much you drew, no matter how much time you spent on it, it would always seem to be sent through properly.

However, after the update, I cannot seem to send more than 20-30 lines of drawing. This is extremely annoying.

I am on a Vista system, tablet PC (HP tx2510us). I've tried reinstalling, running in compatibility mode (Windows 2000), and uninstalling Windows Live Messenger Plus, but to no avail.

PLEASE tell me there is a work around or a solution. Being limited on what I can draw or write after updating of all things is frustrating.
12-06-2009 03:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Handwriting/drawing/ink message limit?!
What do you mean by 20-30 lines? The drawing area isn't measured by lines; it should be one big area (which you can enlarge by dragging the upper border upwards).

Or do you mean the number of individual ink messages? If that is the case it's the first time I hear about this. Also, after testing this out, I can say I went to +50 messages in a row before giving up myself...
No matter if I make big drawings, or quick very small drawings, I can keep on drawing and sending as much and as long as I want.

Do you get any error message when you hit the 'limit'. Or what _exactly_ happens when you hit the limit? Does the ink drawing area grays out? etc

Note: if there would be any limit, it usually is imposed by the servers (as a flood limit), so it's independant of your installed Messenger version, windows OS, etc. Reinstalling or running in compatibility mode wouldn't help at all in that case
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-07-2009 02:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
i think what he means by "lines" is strokes made by the ink tool...

i just tested and was able to send 25+ so i cannot confirm... also my friend tested it and was able to produce the same as me...
12-07-2009 08:33 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
i think what he means by "lines" is strokes made by the ink tool...

i just tested and was able to send 25+ so i cannot confirm... also my friend tested it and was able to produce the same as me...
Ah, strokes....

I just tested this on a bot, and indeed :O when I make a drawing with tons of strokes (just random scribbles) the drawing can not be send. A drawing with not so many strokes does send. What gives??? This is very strange... I think it must have something to do with the file size or something?...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=981252]

EDIT:
However, I tested this also with polygamy and tried to send an equaly 'big' ink message to another account on the same computer, and it always sends without any problem...

And I just tested it with Choli too, and I have no problem sending an equaly  'big' ink message to him either (sorry Choli for disturbing you :p). But when I go overboard with the strokes, it fails again...

And Choli can't send massive inks to me either. (note: with a hell of a lot of strokes though).

.png File Attachment: wlmbug_inklimit.png (16.35 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1268 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-07-2009 at 02:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-07-2009 02:07 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by t3h m00kz
PLEASE tell me there is a work around or a solution. Being limited on what I can draw or write after updating of all things is frustrating
I have the same problem too, but, at least, when you try to send an ink message and messenger complains, you can do this: Click and drag and drop the ink message from the conversation window to the drawing area, delete some strokes and try to send it again.

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
sorry Choli for disturbing you
:blah!: no problem
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Choli can't send elaborate ink messages back to me
yes, for example I can't send the upper part of this drawing but I can send the lower part (which is the same but with some strokes deleted)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=981256]

.png File Attachment: Dibujo2.png (75.03 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1251 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-07-2009 at 02:41 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
12-07-2009 02:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: