What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Phantom Sign in of unknown user

Phantom Sign in of unknown user
Author: Message:
can16358p

WLM + MP!L User

34 / Male / –
O.P. Phantom Sign in of unknown user
Ok, this thing has happened to me in a few occasions in the past several months.

Something really, very strange.
Someone that isn't on any of my contact/allow/block lists signs in (always the same person). When I click the notification, Messenger says the regular we were unable to start convo.. message. I can see the nickname and DP of that user just as a normal contact has signed in. There is no contact with that name on my list. (and I'm not filtering contacts on anything) When I type the first few letters of the contact to the search bar (the one we can use to find a contact on our list quickly), I can see the contact as it was on my list, with an offline status, just like if it were a regular offline contact. I can see their email by hovering etc. normally. Ok, when I double click, I get the regular "add contact" dialog, with the address bar filled with their address (just as if I clicked add new contact and typed their address waiting to click the next button). I quadruple checked that this contact is not on my allow list, or my block list, or my contact list (I am not a dumb guy obviously I am a programmer so please don't come with dumb questions).

I have my own domain with my own e-mail address from that domain, and I've locked that domain for registering with a Live ID at the first day I registered it. That is also my messenger address, if it makes any sense.

I am Turkish, and this person also has a Turkish name with a normal looking hotmail address for that name. I don't know anyone with that name, never met, never removed (and never even added, or never remember them adding me etc.) such a person.

Who is this person, and how can they (apparantly she) can send a phantom-sign-in to my messenger client, and how can Messenger servers allow this? (I googled that email address etc but nothing came up..)

This is getting quite strange, any ideas?

This post was edited on 06-25-2010 at 01:09 AM by can16358p.
[Image: anathema.gif][Image: hax0r.png]
06-25-2010 01:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: