What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2010 revealed

Pages: (20): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
WLM 2010 revealed
Author: Message:
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2010 revealed
Well that just looks like ordinary Wave 3, how can we be sure it's not an earlier build closer to the stable release we have now? They'll probably go with the huge design anyway...

I'm sure the ideas are great, but their use and practicality just isn't clicking with what the users really need, and what they need is not fullscreen advertisements messaging them subliminally or something, or a text-based UI to literally spell everything out for them (okay, maybe some do need that, but there should at least be some sort of compensation for the more advanced users). I'm sure none of this made any real sense but I thought I'd just put this here in case it perhaps unlocks the hidden secrets of the universe.

In any case, I'm really digging those status buttons on the popup whatchamacallit (I sadly do not have Windows 7).

This post was edited on 12-29-2009 at 03:58 AM by ryxdp.
12-29-2009 03:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM 2010 revealed
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/10/01/03/new-wind...wave-4-screenshots

The conversation window looks the same (except from the bigger ad (:() and the new video icon (what is that?)).
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
01-03-2010 12:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by my comment on Neowin
Neowin you failed at this post.

* First of all it's LiveSino, not LiveSuno
* You posted your own *old* screenshot at the bottom of the post like that one is still in any way relevant and added "All images courtesy of Livesino.net" directly below it.
* You say "Windows Live Messenger Wave 4 will also allow Twitter, Facebook and blog posts directly in your contact list" while there is no sign anywhere of that in these newer screenshots.
* The first screenshot in this post is edited, while LiveSino originally posted it back in December 28 without blanking out anything so you can see the contacts list: http://livesino.net/archives/2386.live
* The order in which you show the screenshots doesn't make sense in combination with the text text between it. Reading LiveSide's post will make much more sense: http://liveside.net/main/archive/2010/01/02/new-w...hots-revealed.aspx

And lol at:
[Image: WLMW4_2.png]
LiveSide posted that originally. It's the LiveSino screenshot from 28 December which I posted above too, but no idea why they blanked out the already unreadable contacts list.

EDIT2: Damaster from LiveSide mailed me to explain they intentionally blanked out the contacts list because LiveSino seems to have messed with it too. If you look closely Picturepan2 is chatting with himself, which isn't possible on the same account. Possibly he just pasted the WLM 2009 contact list there to protect the identity of the leaker. The quick status change and not having 2 thumbnails for the main window are relevant though.

EDIT1:
More interesting, somebody in the Neowin comments linked to this:
[Image: Windows_Live_Messenger_Wave_4_by_spain08.jpg]
Source: http://spain08.deviantart.com/art/Windows-Live-Me...r-Wave-4-147312630
Which was posted December 19, so it may be older than the LiveSino build, but newer than what Neowin posted in their first build.

EDIT3:
Found another one, could be shopped (like *any* of the screenshots so far), but he has the same guy who posted the screenshot above in his list:
[Image: Windows_7_Wave_4_by_MaikeMR_thumb.jpg]
Source: http://maikemr.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Wave-4-147548215
Which was posted  December 22.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-03-2010 02:37 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix

EDIT3:
Found another one, could be shopped (like *any* of the screenshots so far), but he has the same guy who posted the screenshot above in his list:
[Image: Windows_7_Wave_4_by_MaikeMR_thumb.jpg]
Source: http://maikemr.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Wave-4-147548215
Which was posted  December 22.
Best one so far - well you know, apart from the whole huge list of nonsensical bullshit that I don't want in my simple messenger program - the ad is smaller(and cunningly not an actual ad in the pic) however why would I want that ad space to be in the top middle(what's with the masses of white space either side, what an ugly waste) of my program, it's basically the main focus of that entire left column, which sure is great for advertisers but absolutely shit for the user (Y).

Frankly wouldn't give a shit about that stuff though, if they are kind enough to allow me to hide the left panel entirely, which I hope(pray) you can.

This post was edited on 01-03-2010 at 03:28 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-03-2010 03:26 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
i do not like that Big Bulky Ad , thats just yukky, though there's always A-patch :)
01-03-2010 10:01 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM 2010 revealed
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix

EDIT3:
This one's a bit weird. Why would Microsoft translate an early version (unless it's not that early anymore...)?
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
01-03-2010 10:33 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
his one's a bit weird. Why would Microsoft translate an early version (unless it's not that early anymore...)?
It's not that early anymore. Final release is expected in March and maybe a public beta before that (later this month, February?).

And remember 8.5 (I believe it was 8.5 from the top of my head). First build we ever saw from that was Spanish.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-03-2010 10:50 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
wonder if you can get facebook in wlm10 rather than twitter updates from your contacts?
01-03-2010 11:14 PM
Toxn

113 / Male / Flag
Hopefully. But... http://www.fishbowlclient.com/

This post was edited on 01-03-2010 at 11:40 PM by Toxn.
No problem
01-03-2010 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
most of my contact use facebook not twitter
01-04-2010 12:01 AM
Pages: (20): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »