What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Under Lock and Key?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Under Lock and Key?
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Under Lock and Key?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I can't even create a simple discussion without it getting out of control and locked...
I considered splitting that thread and locking the [split] thread, but basically everyone who replied was just laughing at the statistics and saying how wrong they were, so I doubted the thread would go anywhere if it stayed open.

I'd be happy to split it and re-open it if you want to continue the discussion (just PM me or report the first post), but I'm not sure where to split it. The Australian violence sidetrack started at this post IMO, but that post is actually on-topic.

Often I don't bother posting a reason for closing a thread because I think it's kinda obvious to anyone who reads the whole thread... that thread clearly devolved into an off-topic and mean-spirited back-and-forth, and the last post by Adeptus seemed like a good note to end it on.
01-11-2010 12:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
the last post by Adeptus seemed like a good note to end it on.
I completely agree on closing the thread.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-11-2010 12:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I can't even create a simple discussion without it getting out of control and locked...
I considered splitting that thread and locking the [split] thread, but basically everyone who replied was just laughing at the statistics and saying how wrong they were, so I doubted the thread would go anywhere if it stayed open.

I'd be happy to split it and re-open it if you want to continue the discussion (just PM me or report the first post), but I'm not sure where to split it. The Australian violence sidetrack started at this post IMO, but that post is actually on-topic.

Often I don't bother posting a reason for closing a thread because I think it's kinda obvious to anyone who reads the whole thread... that thread clearly devolved into an off-topic and mean-spirited back-and-forth, and the last post by Adeptus seemed like a good note to end it on.
Nah it's fine. I thought it was interesting, but obviously everyone else disagreed. Thanks anyway.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-13-2010 03:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Under Lock and Key?
quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
To be honest Traxor, these forums aren't anything like they used to be. In the good old days you and James were the "class clowns" these days you're one of the more mature members. But everything changes, people move on and these forums are no exception. Yes it sucks that 99% of the awesome members are gone, but unless we have some sort of IRC reunion there really isn't much we can do about it. I guess you just have to hang around more and get a feel of the place now.
that i agree with.
01-14-2010 12:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: