What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger log on screen freezing

Messenger log on screen freezing
Author: Message:
KelliKinz

O.P. Messenger log on screen freezing
Hey guys, I searched around in back topics and FAQ but I couldnt find anything to work for my issues.

I have the latest version of MSN Live messenger and Plus! 4.83.0.372.  When I try to connect via sign on screen it freezes and the little msn guys dont even show up most the time on the screen to show it connecting. It always stops responding and I have to get into my task manager to close it down. For a while, if i just closed it like this once, it would work the next time. But now, it isnt connecting at all and the only way I can get it to work is uninstalling msn and reinstalling every time i want to use it. Ive tried so many things to get it to stop freezing such as deleting out my temp message files, changing its compability. I just dont know what else to do. It's so frustrating. Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you
12-16-2009 02:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger log on screen freezing
Hey, welcome to the forum.
  • Have you tried uninstalling Plus! to see if the problem still occurs?
  • Could you tell me which operating system you're using?
  • Are you using an administrator account?
  • Do you have any other Messenger related applications, such as SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral? (If yes, see here)
  • What other applications do you have running (such as security apps which may interfere with Messenger)?

Apologies for so many questions, but there's lots of different problems it could be, so getting specific details is essential to finding the source of the problem.

Chris
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-16-2009 02:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KelliKinz

O.P. RE: Messenger log on screen freezing
Hey thanks for your reply. Im on the administraor account on a windows vista operating system. I dont have any of the related stuff like SweetIM. Just plus and live messenger. I havent tried uninstalling plus. But I will and let you know. And only other things I have running for the most part are firefox and AIM.
12-16-2009 03:12 AM
KelliKinz

O.P. RE: Messenger log on screen freezing
Sorry for the double post. I uninstalled plus! and restarted. Live is still freezing and goes to a not responding state when I try to sign on. When I chose to wait until the program responds a message comes up saying it cant sign me in and to check my internet connection- which is clearly isnt the issue as my AIM is connected and everything works fine there. Its an error code 81000306
12-16-2009 03:23 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger log on screen freezing
Ok, so it's a problem with Windows Live Messenger.

A Google search will give you many suggestions to fix the error.

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!13932.entry
http://blog.mynetx.net/488/messenger-problems-error-81000306-sign-in

Good luck.

This post was edited on 12-19-2009 at 02:31 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-19-2009 02:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: