What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Games in 2010

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Games in 2010
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Games in 2010
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
- Assassin's Creed 2 for PC

focusing on just one game due to lack of free time :p
Same.
Well, I'm considering going to get AC2, Fifa 10 and Halo 3 ODST all for the 360 in the next couple of months. They should keep me busy for the next couple of months considering I hardly get any free time these days :)

EW xbox 360. Why buy a console when you can get a good pc that plays the games better then consoles?
01-02-2010 06:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Games in 2010
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
quote:

Same.
Well, I'm considering going to get AC2, Fifa 10 and Halo 3 ODST all for the 360 in the next couple of months. They should keep me busy for the next couple of months considering I hardly get any free time these days :)

EW xbox 360. Why buy a console when you can get a good pc that plays the games better then consoles?
Do you really want to get into that discussion again?
I'll keep my reasons short. I don't want to start the whole PC vs console fight again..
a) I don't have time to play games as much any more
b) The little time I do have, I want to spend in playing, not thinking about what specs I can run my machine on
c) I'd rather not upgrade my rig every year since it does a bang up job at what I want it to do (Home Theater machine and programming).
d) I like the XBox controller (I know I can get one for the PC but meh :))

I do know about the whole quality issue but I couldn't care less about how good the game looks. The quality output of my xbox (which is 1080p btw) on my 1080p monitor looks great to me. I love it. That's all that matters (for me).
Also, my current graphics card can't run games that well on my primary monitor (1080p) but does so fine/at lower resolutions for my old monitor (1280x1024). I really cba to upgrade considering it serves it's main purpose as mentioned above. :happy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-02-2010 06:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same.

Do you really want to get into that discussion again?
I'll keep my reasons short. I don't want to start the whole PC vs console fight again..
a) I don't have time to play games as much any more
b) The little time I do have, I want to spend in playing, not thinking about what specs I can run my machine on
c) I'd rather not upgrade my rig every year since it does a bang up job at what I want it to do (Home Theater machine and programming).
d) I like the XBox controller (I know I can get one for the PC but meh :))

I do know about the whole quality issue but I couldn't care less about how good the game looks. The quality output of my xbox (which is 1080p btw) on my 1080p monitor looks great to me. I love it. That's all that matters (for me).
Also, my current graphics card can't run games that well on my primary monitor (1080p) but does so fine/at lower resolutions for my old monitor (1280x1024). I really cba to upgrade considering it serves it's main purpose as mentioned above. :happy:

Hmmm, i suppose your reasons are good but your ones about upgrading every year is invalid. At most you would need to upgrade your comp every 4 years which most people do already. If you do get a good computer straight up, you won't have to worry about specs or anything if you get a new game.

Plus really good computers parts are cheap these days.......... well i don't know about India :P

This post was edited on 01-02-2010 at 07:03 AM by Discrate.
01-02-2010 07:01 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
my comp that i got for 1.1k AU last christmas is still playing games quite well now... like i run cod6 max (well not aa because who cares about that at 1080p?) and a few other recently released games at max or very high...

but anyways... back tot he topic...

I really dont know of any games that are coming out that interest me this year... cod6 is doing what i need for now and then i can always go back to cs: s when i get bored of it...

discrate should know of any games that would interest me... tell me discrate!
01-02-2010 08:23 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
my comp that i got for 1.1k AU last christmas is still playing games quite well now... like i run cod6 max (well not aa because who cares about that at 1080p?) and a few other recently released games at max or very high...

but anyways... back tot he topic...

I really dont know of any games that are coming out that interest me this year... cod6 is doing what i need for now and then i can always go back to cs: s when i get bored of it...

discrate should know of any games that would interest me... tell me discrate!

Look at my list of games i'm looking forward to in my other post :P You would like them
01-02-2010 08:59 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Plus really good computers parts are cheap these days.......... well i don't know about India :P
Parts are cheap here but I really CBA investing in a good graphics card which is an investment I'd have to do again in 2 years if I wish to play games consistently at high qualities.

Taking that into consideration and the amount of time I actually spend on playing games, it's cheaper for me to play on a console :)
Plus, the 360 means I get to play game series' like Halo and Gears of War (did the second one come out for PC?). For PS3 users, you have God of War ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
01-02-2010 09:03 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Parts are cheap here but I really CBA investing in a good graphics card which is an investment I'd have to do again in 2 years if I wish to play games consistently at high qualities.

Taking that into consideration and the amount of time I actually spend on playing games, it's cheaper for me to play on a console :)
Plus, the 360 means I get to play game series' like Halo and Gears of War (did the second one come out for PC?). For PS3 users, you have God of War ;)

I have an xbox 360, i don't use it because games are too expensive, 100 dollars a pop. Then to play multiplayer with people you need to purchase xbox live gold. so the xbox 360 certainly has it's down sides.
01-02-2010 09:09 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have an xbox 360, i don't use it because games are too expensive, 100 dollars a pop. Then to play multiplayer with people you need to purchase xbox live gold. so the xbox 360 certainly has it's down sides.
True. I never said it was perfect. I like it though.
One game I truly love playing on the 360 is EA's Fifa. The 360 version is next-gen while the PC version still uses an older engine, as it has for so many years. :happy:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
01-02-2010 09:24 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Darksiders and Mass Effect 2 (both Jan releases).
01-02-2010 11:43 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
[Image: signature.php]
01-02-2010 12:08 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »