What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
Definitely giving that one a thumbs up. As I said in my previous post, I think that Yuna Software will be less personal, so by them making people think that Patchou is in charge or at least have a massive say in the software, people will remain as loyal to it.

I've said it before, I'd love to see the conversion rates of the Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Forum sites (the former being click-through then download and the latter being click-through, register then post) - I'm sure it's decreasing. Though that's for another day entirely.
I read somewhere that patchou can't even talk about the full details because it's against the contract.
Yeah, that's so true 8-) He just made a 4 pages blog post about Messenger Plus! to break that 8-)
the last page is the only 1 that actually mentions it, and its very very vage. HTH
01-19-2010 01:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
granted most contract will ban any talk of money and terms etc, not very many ban people from announcing/telling the users about the sale.
Patchou WAS NOT prohibited from telling about the sale. he did talked about it in his public blog.

He is prohibited to talk about the _details_ of the sale. Just like anyone else in any other business would be prohibited to talk about such things. And that is almost never limited to just talking about money.

quote:
before you say its on his blog, how many people actually know about his blog? and possibly more important where would a average user expect to find details on a piece of software. The software's website/forum, or a personal blog of the (old) owner......
1) Why on earth would Patchou tell about the fact he sold Yuna Software in his PUBLIC blog if he wasn't allowed or if they wanted to keep everything secret?
That simply would not make any sense at all.

2) What does it actually matter where it is posted? Even if it was posted in the local news paper only, it is still PUBLIC for EVERYBODY to read and thus EVERYBODY can know about it.

3) The link to his blog has been posted several times already on this forum.

4) Patchou's blog isn't the only indication of the sale. There are plenty other signs like the headers on the forum and websites, the digital signatures in the exe, the About box in Plus!. And all these things can by seen by anyone smart enough to read. Especially the About box, which is the very first thing people will look at if they are interested at who made the software.

Thus:
1) Patchou HAS talked about the sale in PUBLIC
2) There are MANY public signs of the sale, both on the forums, websites, and in Plus! itself
3) It is NO secret at all that he sold Yuna Software
4) NOBODY is trying to cover things up
5) NDAs are not only about money

Seriously people, use your commen sense!

-----

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Oh come on, this discussion is getting ridiculous. All we want is a post by Patchou either explaining that he can't give any more details about the sale because of the contract or announcing when/if he can go into a bit more detail about it.
Granted... But that would solve what? Many trustable people have already stated that he can't talk about the details.

Also, the fact that he can't talk about details should be plain common logic if you know a bit how such business is conducted in the real world.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 05:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-19-2010 02:13 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
how many times has patchou posted it...........
01-19-2010 02:17 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
If it's a personal blog I see no reason for him to link to it from work.
01-19-2010 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
quote:
how many times has patchou posted it...........

Toddy is correct. Hardly anyone knows about the blog post. I didn't till i pmed someone saying "where is the information" The majority of users wouldn't about it.

Cookie, just stop with the defending. There should be a post about what has happened on this forums. It's stupid just to keep saying "Oh everyone should know, it's posted on patchous blog"

If this all was not a cover up there would be an official announcement plain and simple. Yuna software is trying to make the majority of people think patchou is still in charge.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 02:24 AM by Discrate.
01-19-2010 02:21 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
2) There are MANY public signs of the sale, both on the forums, websites, and in Plus! itself
3) It is NO secret at all that he sold Yuna Software
4) NOBODY is trying to cover things up

2)since patchou owned yuna to recently, how is that a sign of the sale
3)why's he avoiding this thread like the plague then
4)see above

quote:
use your commen sense!
we are doing, which is very most think that the situation is dodgy as hell.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 02:24 AM by toddy.
01-19-2010 02:22 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:

Toddy is correct.

You've said that how many times? :P What's with sucking up his ass?
quote:

Hardly anyone knows about the blog post.

We all do (a)
quote:

Cookie, just stop with the defending. There should be a post about what has happened on this forums. It's stupid just to keep saying "Oh everyone should know, it's posted on patchous blog"
Of course he's going to defend him. They have knew each other for years and their friends :P If Patchou is quite about the sale then he OBV doesn't want to announce it :P

I do agree it's dodgy and not right, but it is the way it is (y)

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 02:27 AM by Chrissy.
01-19-2010 02:26 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
If this all wasn't hush hush, there would be an announcement plain and simple.

The fact is Yuna software owners want the majority of people to still think patchou is in charge.
Many people agree on this, and i find it funny  that cookie is still being the arrogant prick that he is and saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG!" "NO YOU'RE STUPID! "WHAT EVER MY OPINION IS, IT'S FACT."

Only regular members of this forum know patchou doesn't own it anymore. Because they go onto patchous blog and other forums etc.

I am a regular member and i had no idea about the change till i entered the shoutbox.

Saying "everyone knows" or "everybody should know" is just stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
quote:

Toddy is correct.

You've said that how many times? :P What's with sucking up his ass?
quote:

Hardly anyone knows about the blog post.

We all do (a)
quote:

Of course he's going to defend him. They have knew each other for years and their friends :P If Patchou is quite about the sale then he OBV doesn't want to announce it :P

I do agree it's dodgy and not right, but it is the way it is (y)

so all 50 million plus users know about patchous blog post? How did you conduct this survey?

Think before you speak, jesus.

All the reg forum members might no about it, but not the majority of plus users.

P.S I am not sucking up toddys arse, i keep repeating toddy is correct because cookie keeps replying with "NOPE YOU'RE WRONG! I AM RIGHT! NO NO" Seriously krissy, just leave the discussion. every post you make is stupid.
01-19-2010 02:27 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
No, you're right! They wont know about the sale but do they need to know?

Since the sale nothing has changed except the owner. I don't see why they would need to know?
01-19-2010 02:33 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Guys, seriously, I've been reading these kind of posts for over a week now, staying away without commenting, but I think it reached a level that irritates me a little bit.

Weither he ''sold out'' (I have only a vague idea of what that really means but that's not really the point ) or not, whatever happened, happened. It is fair for everyone to have his own opinion about it and that's cool. You do have the right to agree, or disagree with the situation without a single inch of doubt.

It's important to point out though, that it gets to be a little annoying, but also certainly a little insulting creating these kind of arrogant threads on the same forums which in a way, are there thanks to the same guy you are all referring to.

I am not saying that to pick on anyone, but a little bit of respect; both to people's opinions and Patchou's decision is minimally required when posting on his damn forums.

[/rant] *albert goes back to working..

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 02:38 AM by albert.
01-19-2010 02:36 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: