What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
yes, instead of being an asshole trying to make fun of people all the time and twisting around people's words, you might wanna pay attention sometimes to the real world.

Ummm where has it been mentioned that he owns the store? I can't possibly read every single post on the forum.
01-17-2010 03:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Patchou != Yuna Software.
indeed, however this thread is about patchou selling plus! thus people are either defending patchou or going against him (or of course staying clear)
hmm... I see you point.

But you're forgetting a 3rd option: they are looking at it in an unbiased/technical way without defending nor judging Patchou.

Because selling-out technically means completely selling everything without any conditions, (and going on a loooong vacation on some tropical island (sort of :p). Since Patchou did not just sold the company without any strings attached, without any conditions (there are contracts which do stipulate what they can or can not do with Plus!), it isn't a sell-out.

But that wouldn't say a thing about Patchou doing a good thing or a bad thing in their opinion. That is another matter. So, nope, not everybody who says it is not a sell-out is also defending Patchou per-say... Those can be two very different things.

;)

This post was edited on 01-17-2010 at 03:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-17-2010 03:32 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
i'm not going to bother argue my case cookie, as its takes the thread away from the real issue.

but something for you (and others) to consider.
apart from you, who else on this thread (or even on the forum) knows details like that patchou put conditions in the usage of plus? (which all but rules out your 'unbiased/technical way' option)

which after all is what people want, to be given some information about the new owners of the software they use.

This post was edited on 01-17-2010 at 04:09 PM by toddy.
01-17-2010 04:02 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
i'm not going to bother argue my case cookie, as its takes the thread away from the real issue.

apart from you, who else on this thread (or even on the forum) knows details like that patchou put conditions in the usage of plus?

which after all is what people want, to be given some information about the new owners of the software they use.

No one. He has barely given any info to beta testers either.
01-17-2010 04:05 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
apart from you, who else on this thread (or even on the forum) knows details like that patchou put conditions in the usage of plus? (which all but rules out your 'unbiased/technical way' option)

for starters, beta testers
(although we don't know every detail either of course and still want more info also)

There is also Patchou's public blog for example, which also states that he is still very involved in Yuna Software. With a complete sell-out he wouldn't.

And I replied before with that info exactly so that those who didn't know, now can know and maybe take that in account in their vote.

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Don't lie. You are not a beta tester... Patchou has given us a lot of info already, all the info he legally can give (where do you think I got my info from?). The rest of the missing info must come from Yuna itself, which is still lacking...

This post was edited on 01-17-2010 at 04:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-17-2010 04:43 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:

apart from you, who else on this thread (or even on the forum) knows details like that patchou put conditions in the usage of plus?

He doesn't have to tell anyone anything 8-)

If he did, it would be good. However as cookie said he has no legal obligation to listen to use or hear our requests.

So really, imo, he can do what he wants and we just hope for the best.

At least he's not censoring us about the sale like 110mb.com is doing.
01-17-2010 04:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
for starters, beta testers
(although we don't know every detail either of course and still want more info also)

There is also Patchou's public blog for example, which also states that he is still very involved in Yuna Software. With a complete sell-out he wouldn't.

And I replied before with that info exactly so that those who didn't know, now can know and maybe take that in account in their vote.

can't speak for what was said to the beta testers, but patchou blog says next to nothing about the situation i.e. its very vage. which doesn't really give people confidence in the change/sale.
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
He doesn't have to tell anyone anything
so you're happy for a piece of software on your machine that has an auto-update feature to change hands, with (next to) nothing being said about the change. (as for the legal part,  i'm not sure that's correct but cba researching)

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
At least he's not censoring us about the sale like 110mb.com is doing.
its hardly an open subject is it.

p.s.
cookie i don't think the real issue is a "total" sell-out, its the fact that its changed hands & patchou is no longer in charge of what happens/is installed/is added etc (bar some conditions in the contract [which as i said earlier, hardly anyone knows])

This post was edited on 01-17-2010 at 05:52 PM by toddy.
01-17-2010 05:43 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Well, toddy, i am fine with it.

If anything dodgy happens i don't like I'll just un-install it. If it's more serious than that i have security on my computer so im sure ill be safe.

01-17-2010 06:38 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
well you're an idiot*

* for lots of reason, but this time for not caring what u install
01-17-2010 06:47 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Well I do, but, come on if Plus! (with 60Million+ Users) did anything dodgy it would get fucke*d big time!
01-17-2010 07:02 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: