What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
charlie_su1986

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
My question is, now when we have questions/queries/problems/suggestions or whatever about MP!L, do we give them to Patchou still? Or does he not have that much pull any more?

Im just curious because im wondering if from now on, our suggestions and what not will be as actively taken into account like they used to be when it was just Patchou

No we don't. There isn't much he can do.  Yuna Software is in full control, they can even close down the forum if they like.

I'd say all we can do now is cross our fingers and hope for the best. though for now I personally don't have a good feeling about this. Pretty much everything is kept in the dark, there's not even a single post from Yuna on the forum, let alone a proper announcement. 
01-18-2010 08:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by charlie_su1986
they can even close down the forum if they like.
Not really. Yuna owns the msghelp.net domain, but the forum server, including the hardware and the software, is still ours. We can change our domain and remain open (although probably no longer the "official" Plus! forums) should Yuna no longer needs the forums.
01-18-2010 08:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
Definitely giving that one a thumbs up. As I said in my previous post, I think that Yuna Software will be less personal, so by them making people think that Patchou is in charge or at least have a massive say in the software, people will remain as loyal to it.

I've said it before, I'd love to see the conversion rates of the Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Forum sites (the former being click-through then download and the latter being click-through, register then post) - I'm sure it's decreasing. Though that's for another day entirely.
01-18-2010 09:25 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by stoshrocket
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Yuna Software is a Canadian company. Based at 43 boul. Samson Suite 270 Laval, Quebec H7X 3R8.
looks like a ups or general store to me :zippy:
Yes, hence it is a PO Box. It is the official postal address of Yuna Software and has been for many years.

Just as there are other PO Boxes from other companies at that same address. And before people start jumping to the wrong conlusions: no there is nothing fishy about it. A PO Box is a very official address usually located in a post office, ups store or other postal service building. Hence why there are usually many companies registered at the same address.

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
He can't legally make any sort of announcement anymore. He shared all he could with the general public in his blog post.
don't talk crap
There is nothing crap about what Rolando has said though, he is correct.

Almost every single contract you sign in the real world contains some sort of disclosure act. This is especially true for businesses and contracts involving ownership change etc. There is absolutely nothing strange about such contracts. Such NDAs which limit what you can share are extremely common. This is how the real world works...

What sometimes is crap are some of the speculations and conclusions some people come up with.
eg: crap like this:
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
We have said before that there is nothing hush hush about the change. Many info is available (about the change, why the change was made and what Patchou's role is in all of this), including Patchou's own words about the matter. If they wanted to hide behind Patchou's name, why do you think the info that is available, is available? Why would every reference in Plus!, the forums and website state 'Yuna Software' instead of 'Patchou'?, etc...
If they wanted to hide behind the name 'Patchou' you wouldn't see 'Yuna Software' printed everywhere.

So stop being an idiot, and before 'thinking' something, read what has been said before, and look at the real existing stuff instead of fabricating all kinds of bull shit which you can not back up in any way.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
If not it's not like MP!L can't be uninstalled
how do you know what changes will be made in the new update....
We don't know the exact details of the contract between Patchou and Yuna Software and to what exact extent Yuna Software can make changes. But what we do know is that there _are_ limitations to what they can do with Plus! (again, hence this is not a complete sell-out). They do not have all the freedom in the world, they are bound to contracts too.

This said, it will always be possible to uninstall Plus!, that would be plain common sense.

quote:
as for the update log etc, how many people read them?
with the current situation i.e. no real public announcement, people will just think that they should upgrade to the newer version since they haven't been informed of any major changes
Why on earth should they not upgrade???
The whole point of this change is that Plus! can be developed further. If Patchou wouldn't have done what he did, then there would be no Plus! anymore, at all.

I very strongly encourage to first read Patchou's statement on his blog.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 05:20 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-18-2010 10:44 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Cookie, I don't mean any offence by this but I really think you're in denial. Every day fewer people are using Windows Live Messenger and subsequently Messenger Plus! Live. Patchou pulled out a good time and "sold out" - not in a derogatory way.
01-18-2010 06:07 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Every day fewer people are using Windows Live Messenger and subsequently Messenger Plus! Live. Patchou pulled out a good time and "sold out" - not in a derogatory way.
Believe it or not, active Plus! user count is still growing.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-18-2010 08:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Every day fewer people are using Windows Live Messenger and subsequently Messenger Plus! Live. Patchou pulled out a good time and "sold out" - not in a derogatory way.
Stats tell a different story.
01-18-2010 09:29 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nobody cares about forum stats :p
01-18-2010 09:34 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Registrations on the forums do not necessary reflect on the amount of Plus! users :S
01-18-2010 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
active plus! user count != user registrations on this forum

sure, the community around msn/wlm (mess.be etc) is falling apart a bit, but with 50+ million users currently using plus!, yuna isn't going to break a sweat over over those few members on here complaining about the current lack of communication.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
01-18-2010 09:40 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: