What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
I mean, now that plus has changed to Yuna Software that doesn't mean someone has bought it?
Plus! was a product of a company called Yuna Software headed by Patchou, it has now been sold to new proprietors and Patchou no longer calls the shots, if I understand correctly.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-17-2010 09:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yuna Software is a Canadian company. Based at <address>
That's Patchou's address PO box, not the one of the new owner. And the list of those other companies is completely irrelevant.

This post was edited on 01-18-2010 at 12:40 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-17-2010 11:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yuna Software is a Canadian company. Based at 43 boul. Samson Suite 270 Laval, Quebec H7X 3R8.
looks like a ups or general store to me :zippy:

On a more relevant note, I don't think he did, although time will tell whether the involvment of this company (whoever it's lead by and whoever is involved) leads to a bright future or a dismal outcome.
formerly methos
01-17-2010 11:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
in due time.
its already a few months after the hush hush change took place, care to explain (even speculate) what they're waiting for.

We certainly don't have all the answers. I'm not the new owner.

* toddy finds it funny people are defending patchou, despite the lack of any (proper) announcement

(people who'd done a good thing(/nothing wrong) tend to shout about it from the roofs. it's the bad things in life that we keep quiet)

Remember Patchou is not the owner of YS. He can't legally make any sort of announcement anymore. He shared all he could with the general public in his blog post. The announcement will come soon...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Don't lie. You are not a beta tester... Patchou has given us a lot of info already, all the info he legally can give (where do you think I got my info from?). The rest of the missing info must come from Yuna itself, which is still lacking...

(Same as what I said)

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
so you're happy for a piece of software on your machine that has an auto-update feature to change hands, with (next to) nothing being said about the change. (as for the legal part,  i'm not sure that's correct but cba researching)

It asks you before it downloads the update, and Patchou wouldn't let them ruin his hard work, remember he is still in the team. You can cancel the update and read the changelog (as there's usually one posted with every update) before you update if you'd like. Some changes might be made, like sponsors, but I'm pretty sure those will still remain optional. If not it's not like MP!L can't be uninstalled, tho I'm sure it won't come to that.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-18-2010 12:59 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
My question is, now when we have questions/queries/problems/suggestions or whatever about MP!L, do we give them to Patchou still? Or does he not have that much pull any more?

Im just curious because im wondering if from now on, our suggestions and what not will be as actively taken into account like they used to be when it was just Patchou
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
01-18-2010 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
He can't legally make any sort of announcement anymore. He shared all he could with the general public in his blog post.
don't talk crap
quote:
remember he is still in the team
most people are in a team at work, but at the end of the day boss is gonna do want he wants.
quote:
If not it's not like MP!L can't be uninstalled
how do you know what changes will be made in the new update....

as for the update log etc, how many people read them?
with the current situation i.e. no real public announcement, people will just think that they should upgrade to the newer version since they haven't been informed of any major changes

This post was edited on 01-18-2010 at 01:24 AM by toddy.
01-18-2010 01:22 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
My question is, now when we have questions/queries/problems/suggestions or whatever about MP!L, do we give them to Patchou still? Or does he not have that much pull any more?
Like he said in his blog post, he's not personally related with Plus! any more. Anything related to Plus! should go to Yuna Software's email, if you're lucky enough to get a reply.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-18-2010 02:05 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Like he said in his blog post, he's not personally related with Plus! any more.
I think the way you phrased that is kind of misleading... he's still part of the Yuna Software team working on Plus!, but his role has changed.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
That being said, at the time of writing, I'm still actively involved in Yuna Software's daily business, and we're still preparing what should be called Messenger Plus! 5 in 2010.
01-18-2010 02:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
01-18-2010 02:31 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Like he said in his blog post, he's not personally related with Plus! any more.
I think the way you phrased that is kind of misleading... he's still part of the Yuna Software team working on Plus!, but his role has changed.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
That being said, at the time of writing, I'm still actively involved in Yuna Software's daily business, and we're still preparing what should be called Messenger Plus! 5 in 2010.

Fair enough, maybe "he's not personally associated with Plus!" would be a better way to put it, as in: "Yuna Software" are officially the owners and not "Patchou".

I'm sure I remember him saying that Plus!-related issues should be sent to Yuna Software and not to himself, which is what I meant by my first post.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.patchou.com/projects/msgplus/
I decided it was time for me to remove myself personally from the software
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-18-2010 02:56 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites