What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
No, you're right! They wont know about the sale but do they need to know?

Since the sale nothing has changed except the owner. I don't see why they would need to know?

I am sure everyone would like to know patchou isn't running the show anymore. I am also sure they would like to know details of the deal. What's going to change? What's going to happen?
01-19-2010 02:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Yuna software hasn't done anything to the software yet.
01-19-2010 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Yuna software hasn't done anything to the software yet.

Omg /facepalm.

We fucking know.

Just stop posting.
01-19-2010 02:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
2) There are MANY public signs of the sale, both on the forums, websites, and in Plus! itself
3) It is NO secret at all that he sold Yuna Software
4) NOBODY is trying to cover things up

2)since patchou owned yuna to recently, how is that a sign of the sale
3)why's he avoiding this thread like the plague then
4) see above
2) Posts in the forums. And until recently signatures in Plus! and on the website where signed by 'Patchou'. Since the sale, it is 'Yuna Software'
3) First of all, he reads this thread too. But there are reasons which prohibit him to post details and/or answer some of the questions you have.

quote:
Of course he's going to defend him. They have knew each other for years and their friends :P
please read CookieRevised's reply to Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

1) Being friends has got nothing to do with this. Common sense and looking at the facts instead of theorizing all kinds of bull shit, have everything to do with it.

2) Patchou doesn't need to be defended. If something is wrong it is Yuna Software's fault, not Patchou's.

quote:
If Patchou is quite about the sale then he OBV doesn't want to announce it :P
How is that so obvious?

See, this is EXACTLY what I constantly mean with jumping to conclusions and constructing all kinds of theories.

Because have you considered that there might be other reasons why he hasn't posted yet?

And because there MIGHT* be other reasons, it should be good enough not to jump to conclusions like Discrate does. Conclusions which he has no proof for at all other than his own very scewed conspiracy theories.

It is one thing to be concerned and worried (like we all do), it is another thing to theorize all that crapy stuff.

* And as a matter of fact (note the word 'fact', Discrate), there are other reasons than the one you think. And those reasons have been explained before in this very same public thread by trustable people.

-------

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
Originally posted by Toddy
have you consider that these other reasons don't exist....?
Of course he (sic: Cookie) hasn't. He only believes in what he says.
Sure Discrate, continue to make a massive fool out of yourself. Let's wait for Patchou to post and let's see how right you are and how wrong I am...

This post was edited on 04-23-2011 at 05:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-19-2010 02:42 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Well what's the fucking problem? If you want to know what's changing, wait until it's happening.

Us two sitting here, arguing like a bunch of twats isn't certainly going to change/do anything.
01-19-2010 02:43 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Have you ever considered that there might be other reasons why he hasn't posted yet?
have you consider that these other reasons don't exist....?
01-19-2010 02:44 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
[Image: attachment.php?pid=985377]
Patchou has noted all our views!

.png File Attachment: patchou.png (3.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 424 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 02:49 AM by Chrissy.
01-19-2010 02:48 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I am also sure they would like to know details of the deal. What's going to change? What's going to happen?
Is that honestly any of your business though? Did shares for the company go up for sale recently where you bought something that entitles you to NDA information about a software? No? Didn't think so.

If you all think it's that weird and are so insulted, just fucking leave :undecided:. There are perfectly good reasons for Patchou not talking about the move on these forums (one of them being your attitude towards it. You never even tried approaching him properly about it. ). I know, and Patchou knows, that several of us (I'm not excluding myself) were quite rude with him the other night when we had a chat, but he explained all of the situation (well, what he was allowed to say) to us. I feel bad, and I apologize for my actions. I've managed to get over it :undecided:. It's not the end of the world.

There are legal reasons behind what you can and cannot know. The move to Yuna software is evident, and I'm sure you'll get more information later. As of now, nothing in the software has really changed. It may in the future, but you'll know.

For those of you scared of them magically implementing all this background malware, etc, that can't be opted out.. seriously, wtf? You realize that as a legal entity, the company can't do that? Plus, there's no forced updates for Plus!. Ever. Plus! isn't going to magically become a spam generating machine that will steal all your bank account information (Over-exaggerating, but then, so are you)

I'm not one that was quite fond with the move myself, as Cookie and many others will vouch for, but I'm not going to sit here and watch you lot act like complete morons either. Grow up.

Until you own shares, you are only entitled to the information they choose to give you. Frankly, testers know just about as much as you do, and we've gotten over it.

Edit:  Besides, as these are the official forums, do you really think he's going to just go ahead and make an announcement without getting approval by the rest of Yuna software? That's just stupid.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 03:15 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-19-2010 03:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
So it is to much to ask for a simple "I have sold Yuna" in the announcement section? He could of even made the announcement before he sold it. Before he was bound by a contract not to say anything.

and if he is worried about what we will say, he's only made it 10 times worse by keeping everyone in the dark.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 03:18 AM by Discrate.
01-19-2010 03:18 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
He's not making it worse at all.

It's kinda a fallback plan the way i see it.

If he says nothing and allows everyone else (cookie etc) to talk and put forward facts nothing can fall back on him. So when people announce the sale and start speculating/discussing anything said has not came (directly) from him so therefore he will get off the hook. 

If he isn't allowed to talk about it he cant get fucked for it because it's not him saying anything.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 03:31 AM by Chrissy.
01-19-2010 03:30 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: