What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
So it is to much to ask for a simple "I have sold Yuna" in the announcement section? He could of even made the announcement before he sold it. Before he was bound by a contract not to say anything.

and if he is worried about what we will say, he's only made it 10 times worse by keeping everyone in the dark.

He did say he is not the owner anymore. Read his blog post. If you can't be arsed to read it in its entirety then please stop posting.

I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread again, but yeah, just be patient. There'll be an announcement.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-19-2010 03:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Like he said in his blog post, he's not personally related with Plus! any more.
I think the way you phrased that is kind of misleading... he's still part of the Yuna Software team working on Plus!, but his role has changed.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
That being said, at the time of writing, I'm still actively involved in Yuna Software's daily business, and we're still preparing what should be called Messenger Plus! 5 in 2010.

thats still not 100% positive there

an saying that i think this thread should be closed before it gets out of hand, its just gonna get the general public worried if it gets out

i think we should all wait till there's something Official from Patchou or Yuna

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 04:35 AM by Hank.
01-19-2010 04:32 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
quote:
So it is to much to ask for a simple "I have sold Yuna" in the announcement section? He could of even made the announcement before he sold it. Before he was bound by a contract not to say anything.

and if he is worried about what we will say, he's only made it 10 times worse by keeping everyone in the dark.

He did say he is not the owner anymore. Read his blog post. If you can't be arsed to read it in its entirety then please stop posting.

I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread again, but yeah, just be patient. There'll be an announcement.

I did read the blog post. But you are missing the point i am trying to make. Not EVERYONE knows about his blog post.
01-19-2010 05:51 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
should be called Messenger Plus! 5

any possibilities of a Name change perhaps?

maybe there should be a link on this forum made of his Blog

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 05:56 AM by Hank.
01-19-2010 05:55 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

2) There are MANY public signs of the sale, both on the forums, websites, and in Plus! itself

We shouldn't have to go 'clue hunting' to find out the owner of Plus! has changed :P Not to mention that simply changing the footer tags to Yuna instead of Patchou doesn't indicate a sale in anyway, it is [was] his company so it'd make sense to put it at the footer.

I agree with everyone who feels a personal thread in the Announcements sub forum would indeed be highly appropriate, I thought the community was supposed to be a large aspect of Plus!? Saying he posted it on his blog has no bearing at all, all other information in the past, including things like newest updates, competitions and other stuff related to Plus!'s development etc.  has all been posted on the forum. Why? Because this is where the majority of the community here gets their information, it is not unreasonable then to expect a post explaining the issues and what is going on. [Don't bring up contractual obligations, there is absolutely no reason what so ever he could not announce the change to us and let such a 'loyal' community know what's happening to a piece of software and its creator they have come to know/love]

As a side note, I'm not on the "omg lyke its r conspiracy this r terrible" bandwagon

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 08:19 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-19-2010 08:18 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

I get the feeling you have no clue whatsoever how businesses work. He was already under NDA when they began talking about selling it in the first place most likely. Otherwise, before signing the last contract, he would have legally been entitled to say everything about it :undecided:. There are a lot more rules than you may think involved in this. But of course you wouldn't know, because you didn't see the contract. Seeing as none of us are in that position where we are meant to see the contract, there's no obligation from any of them, plus, they're busy.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 10:59 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-19-2010 10:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
5n4k3

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
I did read the blog post. But you are missing the point i am trying to make. Not EVERYONE knows about his blog post.

Most people probably don't care who owns MP!. And those that would read an "official announcement" would probably find this thread, leading them to Patchou's blog.

I'm not taking sides here, merely mentioning the fact that if you cared at all about this topic, this thread would be pretty hard to miss.

~ 5n4k3
01-19-2010 12:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Irrelevant. if people will find it eventually after being directed there after reading half a thread, that shouldn't be the way people find out[and certainly wouldn't be the way I'd want my 'customers' to find out about changes to my product]. There is no argument whatsoever against having an announcement on the forum ¬¬
01-19-2010 01:17 PM
5n4k3

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Irrelevant. if people will find it eventually after being directed there after reading half a thread, that shouldn't be the way people find out[and certainly wouldn't be the way I'd want my 'customers' to find out about changes to my product]. There is no argument whatsoever against having an announcement on the forum ¬¬

The link is on the first page... and there will be (should be) an announcement on the forums eventually. But if you want to be kept up to speed you can find out what's happening if you look around.

~ 5n4k3
01-19-2010 01:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by 5n4k3
quote:

The link is on the first page... and there will be (should be) an announcement on the forums eventually. But if you want to be kept up to speed you can find out what's happening if you look around.

~ 5n4k3

But what if i have totally no idea about the change? Why would i just randomly go to patchous blog? I didn't even know patchou had a blog until this thread made.

People arn't just going to start randomly searching
01-19-2010 01:57 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: