What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Under Lock and Key?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Under Lock and Key?
Author: Message:
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Under Lock and Key?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
But a thread like Chris4's was locked when the discussion was interesting.
You said it yourself: you've just came back and dont know what's going on. Meanwhile, the people who've been visiting the forums in the past few months do know that pretty much every single post from discrate turns into a race war against other members like cookierevised :P. We're tired of it, end of story.

Oh and that thread's been moderated a lot, i can see why a mod eventually closed it, it gets stupid sometimes :p. You're judging us when you dont have all the information you need to do so :p

This post was edited on 01-10-2010 at 08:19 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
01-10-2010 08:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
ou're judging us when you dont have all the information you need to do so
maybe you all should stop being so secretive then
01-10-2010 08:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
maybe you all should stop being so secretive then
how so? :p
01-10-2010 10:44 PM
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
To be honest Traxor, these forums aren't anything like they used to be. In the good old days you and James were the "class clowns" these days you're one of the more mature members. But everything changes, people move on and these forums are no exception. Yes it sucks that 99% of the awesome members are gone, but unless we have some sort of IRC reunion there really isn't much we can do about it. I guess you just have to hang around more and get a feel of the place now.
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
01-10-2010 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
You're judging us when you dont have all the information you need to do so

Maybe the mods should comment on why things are deleted/split/edited so we get the idea? Possibly even warn the offender in public to discourage it happening again?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-10-2010 10:58 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
You're judging us when you dont have all the information you need to do so

Maybe the mods should comment on why things are deleted/split/edited so we get the idea? Possibly even warn the offender in public to discourage it happening again?

How could we let you know? by posting a reply? Like "hey i just deleted xxxx's posts because of xxxx reason"?  Seems kinda silly to me as there are a lot of deleted posts in a single day, and most of them are deleted cause of an obvious reason.  Seriously, if we posted the reasons of why are we moderating stuff, threads would go even more offtopic :P
And what if we deleted a thread? we'd have to post a new thread about why we deleted it, which defeats the purpose. Also, you don't really need to know what's going on behind the scenes, that's the staff's job :p

When we split and/or edit, most of the time we do give a reason so no comments on that one :P

This post was edited on 01-10-2010 at 11:08 PM by Chrono.
01-10-2010 11:06 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Something as simple as other boards, where we have a little insert saying "Post Deleted" (possibly with a reason...) would make things a lot less confusing.

I've seen posts of mine deleted for whatever reason without being told and it's too confusing and leads to posts such as "Where did my other post go? Well, what I said was...", meaning it gets posted again anyway.

Locked threads should have a reason too. Whether it's "Question answered, posts going off topic" or something we should know. A lot of old ones I've seen have mods posting that the thread has been locked, but nothing like this happens anymore.
01-10-2010 11:13 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
I've seen posts of mine deleted for whatever reason without being told and it's too confusing and leads to posts such as "Where did my other post go? Well, what I said was...", meaning it gets posted again anyway.
Well you can always send us a pm or soemthing if you really dont know what happened :P. About the little feature you're talking about, you'd have to ask wdz :p

quote:
Locked threads should have a reason too. Whether it's "Question answered, posts going off topic" or something we should know. A lot of old ones I've seen have mods posting that the thread has been locked, but nothing like this happens anymore.
yeah, i guess we can do that, even though the "question answered" reason is way too obvious :P. i'll start doing it again, i hope other mods get to read this :spam:

This post was edited on 01-10-2010 at 11:19 PM by Chrono.
01-10-2010 11:18 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Case closed...

Thread Locked: Resolution Reached

:refuck:
01-10-2010 11:19 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I can't even create a simple discussion without it getting out of control and locked...
I blame Discrate.
..and he blames me.
See? People can't stfu and learn the difference between serious posts/threads and not serious posts/threads. Do like others and self-split if you really have something stupid that can't go unsaid. I don't mean to be a dick, but you could at least show some respect to those trying to have a serious discussion. There's a place for that, and it's not here. Go to TnT.
I do agree that giving reasons, at least to those involved, is nicer. I also think splitting where appropriate rather than locking is good. It allows the discussion to continue without the conflicts. And hell, the banhammer was used more often before and there was much less conflict and a more tight-nit community. IMHO.

This post was edited on 01-10-2010 at 11:52 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-10-2010 11:36 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: