What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Question about events notification

Question about events notification
Author: Message:
sabbath

O.P. Question about events notification
Hi,
It's not long since I started using the messenger plus and I need your help to understand something.
I 'd like to know if I choose the event notification for one of my contacts ,specifically "a one to one chat has been started" what happens.
Is it going to notify me that this contact started a chat with someone else?Is this absolutely sure and I can count on that to know if my contact is chating with another person or not?Also if I want can I do something not to show to others that I am chating whith someone else?
Thanks for help in advance
01-21-2010 05:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Question about events notification
As far as I am aware it will only alert you when that contact starts a conversation with you. It does not alert you when the user starts a chat with anyone else, as that's not possible for Plus!.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
01-21-2010 06:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Question about events notification
To be more exact it will only alert you the moment you receive a message from a contact and you don't have a chat window open yet with that contact.

So this is different than some people might interpret "started a new conversation". Aka: it does not alert when a new conversation window is started, it does not alert when the contacts starts to type a message; it only alerts when the message is recieved by you.

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-21-2010 08:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: