What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Query 2

Query 2
Author: Message:
trevorlawrence

O.P. Query 2
Hi All,

If I am chatting to another person and they invite someone else into the conversation.... even if the 3rd person isn't in my contacts list, will they show up in the chat as 'joining' the conversation or can they lurk in the background and not be seen?

Also, can a conversation be saved and sent to another person? Can someone copy and paste it into something like Word and then send to another person?

Thanks,
Trevor.
02-03-2010 07:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Query 2
quote:
Originally posted by trevorlawrence
If I am chatting to another person and they invite someone else into the conversation.... even if the 3rd person isn't in my contacts list, will they show up in the chat as 'joining' the conversation or can they lurk in the background and not be seen?
Yes, if someone else is invited to the conversation, they can view it.

quote:
Also, can a conversation be saved and sent to another person?
Messenger Plus! Live saves its chat log as HTML files, so they can easily be sent and viewed by the receiving person.

Windows Live Messenger's built-in history requires a file called MessageLog.xsl to view them, as I understand, which is in the folder of the message history when you view it.

quote:
Can someone copy and paste it into something like Word and then send to another person?
Yes.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-03-2010 07:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: