What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
4 votes - 4 average   'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)
Currently the amount of topics about the contact list clean-up is about 2/3 per week. So maybe if I make a full information post people can just refer to it.

• Currently the contact list clean-up has a feature that allows you to see if a contact has you on their list.

[Image: cross48.png]Currently this is not working; it's not Messenger Plus! Live's fault.

Messenger Plus! Live cannot do anything to fix this, as it's Microsoft's fault (the creator of Windows Live Messenger).

Why is this broken?
The Windows Live Messenger Reverse List Servers is somehow no longer working. This may be caused by a bug or a deliberate setting. Since this is fully on the servers side it can only be fixed/changed by Microsoft. The Messenger team is very secretive and nobody knows an exact date when this will be fixed. Sometimes this may be a local problem.

Manipulating messenger in certain ways can corrupt the proper working of your lists too (and as a result the reverse list of your contact!). eg: patching older versions to make them work again or removing certain files.
And this can even continue to corrupt the lists after you've reverted those manipulations.

More Information
Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Reverse list
BIG GLITCH IN CONTACT LIST CLEAN-UP
Cant see who has deleted from their list?
Contact List Cleaner
Contact list Clean-up problem
Clean up Concact
Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?

Posting this elsewhere
code:
Currently this is not working, Please Read: [url=http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=93784]Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)[/url]

Report the problem
If you think you are affected by it, please report it to Messenger Support in a detailed way! "it isn't working" is not going to help them help you. Also posting on 3rd party forums like this is not going to fix it.

To contact Messenger Support:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger&ct=eformts

If the above link brings you to https://help.live.com/ instead, then:
1) Choose the version of your Messenger first
2) Choose any topic from the FAQ on the left side
3) Click on bottom right link "Get more help"
4) Click on link "Get support"

This post was edited on 03-28-2010 at 05:02 PM by Chrissy.
02-07-2010 08:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact List Clean-Up NOT Working - Information!
Can the 'Has You' column be removed, Patchou?

It's wasting people's time and is unnecessary having a broken feature in Plus!

(Y)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-18-2010 04:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
But when the server issue is fixed, it's VERY useful to have as it's an easy way of looking through the Reverse list.....so it's a bit pointless to remove it as I'm guessing it's only temporarily broken
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes, 53 seconds ago
03-18-2010 06:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ssttop

I can understand leaving it, until the servers are fixed.. But what if this isn't a bug, and they're intentionally blocked by Microsoft? Then there's no reason to be able to see them. I was kind of wondering if it was more about how often you use MSN, though. It seems as if the newer people I have added do not have me on their lists, yet they obviously do. (I know a few of them do. Like my gf does, etc.) It's just lame, either way, and I really hope it gets fixed.... But I'm not counting on anything.
03-20-2010 05:30 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I seriously doubt that it's been intentionally blocked by Microsoft as it's a feature of Windows Live Messenger and it's not just something they'd disable with no announcement and in an existing build

Yes, it will only be newer people as it's only a recent problem with the data not synching correctly
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes, 53 seconds ago
03-20-2010 10:40 AM
themanwithaplan

i'm having the same problem with one of my close friends and I don't wanna be so pathetic and ask especially if it is cos of this problem. But it isn't just them, its a few people so I'm thinking they couldnt of deleted me, she also starts conversations with me sometimes. The person also does not show up in the MSN > tools > options > Privacy > view of who is in my contact list and is also not in my msn hotmail contacts. Does this mean Messenger Plus! could have changed all this or does this sound like the person deleted me?

Added information:

-After finding this out, i deleted the person then was going to re-add tommorow, however the person talked to me today (after I did the deletion) and started the conversation. It started with just the persons email address as their display name until it said 'this person is not in your contacts list, do you want to add them?' so I clicked yes. I can't remember if their normal displayed name changed before or after I clicked add to my contact list but according to plus and messenger im still not in their contact list. I wish my brain wasn't making this a big deal :-/

This post was edited on 03-22-2010 at 01:35 PM by themanwithaplan.
03-22-2010 01:04 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by themanwithaplan
The person also does not show up in the MSN > tools > options > Privacy > view of who is in my contact list
quote:
Originally posted by themanwithaplan
according to plus and messenger im still not in their contact list.

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Currently this is not working

Sorry for the rudeness :)
[Image: Empty.png]
03-22-2010 01:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
How about something like this which can be updated by Patchou?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=991345]

.png File Attachment: contactslistcleanup.PNG (57.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 5188 time(s).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-28-2010 10:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
How about something like this which can be updated by Patchou?
Still confusing when the data is still there showing. I'd say remove the entire 'Has You' column next version as long as there is no sign it will get better.

Some people might have noticed Messenger's own reverse list (on which Plus! is basing this information) is not there in the leaked WLM 2010 build. It could just be because it is an early build and not feature complete yet, but I think there is a good chance Microsoft is getting rid of the reverse list completely.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-28-2010 11:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
popol

RE: 'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)
Ok now that we know that the "Has You" is not working in the Contact List Clean-Up is there a different way one can find out if someone still have them on their list or not? I know it's a long shot, but it's worth asking...Thanks
03-19-2011 05:39 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: